In July, New Mexico will require background checks on all gun sales

Washington

That pretty well says it all. One very leftwing city controls the entire state.

Paying someone for services rendered is punishment? Is it punishment when Virginia charges you $2.00 to run your paperwork through the system when purchasing a firearm?

That’s not fair. Tacoma and Olympia are ultra liberal too. :wink:

They are paying for a service that gives them no benefit. That is a punishment.

It is when the gov’t mandates it.

Some interesting developments in New Mexico. Apparently they are going to put this bad law to a referendum.

Good luck…

Since New Mexico achieved statehood in 1912, only three referendums have gone to voters, according to Legislative Council Services data. The first, in 1930, involved a repeal of a tobacco excise tax. It was the only one voters approved.

The other two, in 1950 and 1964, had to do with repealing an amendment to the primary election code. Both failed.

Ooh! Thanks. You might want to look at the topics and results of those three again.

What I saw they need about 175k signatures. We’ll see.

NOTHING!

No its not.

You might want to check the details…

A veto referendum petition can be filed against any law except laws concerning the following issues:

“ * general appropriation laws;
* laws providing for the preservation of the public peace, health or safety;
* for the payment of the public debt or interest thereon, or the creation or funding of the same, except as in this constitution otherwise provided;
* for the maintenance of the public schools or state institutions, and local or (quote)special laws.

As seen on this thread you guys wouldn’t do it no matter what.

They’re going to do it. I hope they get the signatures, I want to see the reaction. I wonder if they can do a recall referendum like Colorado?

Did you read the distribution requirements?

Yes. The government will use the requirement no doubt. We’ll see what happens.

Another example of Ruling vs. Country class.

And of course the exceptions listed in the post above… What are the odds the law will fall within the " laws providing for the preservation of the public peace, health or safety" exception?

100%. That’s what I’m saying. They aren’t going to be satisfied with that. I hope they challenge it in court.

What really want to see is a bunch of jury nullifications. I love them.

Well that isn’t remotely true. It’s us that have been suggesting it.

Nope you guys would not voluntarily access the NICS to check out a prospective buyer of one of your personal guns.