In July, New Mexico will require background checks on all gun sales

Just trying to keep it simple for you so you might be able to understand.

The man had owned the guns for more than three days. He bought two of them when he was stationed in CO. What you keep forgetting is that it was not a law abiding citizen that that failed to turn in the data. It was the government that you seem to think that can do no wrong. And it wasn’t just one air force officer that decided that he was not going to enter the data into the system. It was the federal government failing to do their job.
You also seem to be forgetting that it took a law abiding gun owner to stop Kelley from killing more people. I bet the people that lived were glad that the man had a gun to protect them with.
The law passed in New Mexico will not stop one criminal from purchasing a gun. All it does it make it harder for law abiding citizens to exercise their constitutional right to own a gun. If it wasn’t for law abiding gun owners twice as many people might have been killed.
You all are going after the wrong people with every gun law you try to push through. Go after the criminals not law abiding citizens.

And yet, since 1991, California has had a requirement to transfer firearms with a background check and no court has ruled it unconstitutional… hmmmmm…

Buyers pay the FFL transfer fee.

Thank you Samm, it was very special.

No, he was not a law abiding citizen, was he? It was an Air Force Officer that was responsible for getting his name on the list, but like you and others here it seems he decided that it was a dumb requirement of law so he didn’t bother to do it.

You can keep trying to deflect all you like but you and others are here proudly posting that you have every intention of ignoring/breaking the law if you don’t like it. Pssst… law abiding people don’t do that.

And then you’ll all continue to crow about how gun laws don’t work.

Show your proof that the air force officer decided to not enter the data all on his own? Show where he has been tried and convicted by the military of deciding on his own that he was not going to enter the data or admit that you might be making stuff up.

As for the three days, I was talking about the waiting period for a background check. And it was Dylann Roof that was allowed to pick up his gun after a delay in his background check put it past the 3 days. If he was made to wait, he would not have been able to buy his gun.

He hasn’t. And I’m sure he would just say the paperwork must have been tragically lost in a fire in the barn. tee hee hee. No law breaker there, right?

He could have gotten a gun if he really wanted to. Do you think criminals go to the gun store and buy their guns.
All your feel good gun laws do is make it harder for law abiding citizens to own a gun. Criminals will have guns no matter what. You seem to not want a law abiding citizen to be able to defend themselves but your a ok with criminals having what ever they want.

Law abiding citizens don’t pretend all their guns were lost in barn fires while breaking the law so your point about criminals always having guns is well taken.

I’m done with you. You want to have an honest discussion than curtail the name calling. I don’t put up with it in the real world and I’m not going to put up with it in your fairytale land.

Ah yes … California. Violating Constitutional Rights since 1991. Not something I would brag about if I were you.

Only in commercial sales. In a private sale, that would be negotiable. Chances are it would be split between both parties.

Glad to help, but I’m sorry I could not dumb it down enough for you.

Devin Kelley was never an Air Force officer, so strike one… Here is the IG report on Kelley…

There is no three day waiting period in Federal law. The three day period (three business days) is the time that the FBI has to complete the background check before the vendor can transfer the gun. MOST background checks are accomplished in a few minutes.

I’m talking specifically in my state.
Buyer pays the FFL transfer fee for private transfers (which have to go through an FFL).
I can’t speak for other UBC states, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it works the same way.

Yet, the NRA nor any number of gun organizations have been able to get ruling in their favor in almost 20 years… It’s almost like it’s not a violation of constitutional rights…

I bet your state has no law dictating that the buyer pay the FFL fee for private sales. And even if it does, there is no way the government knows the details of the negotiated price.