In July, New Mexico will require background checks on all gun sales

The example you posted is a big fail. He passed more than one background check when he purchased the guns from gun shops. The system would have worked if the government you have so much faith in had done it’s duty and entered his information into the system.
No one privately sold him a gun. So your pointing fingers at the wrong people. Point them at your big bloated government that can’t do their job.
Gun grabber logic it’s all the fault of law abiding gun owners that caused this shooting. Big fail. It’s all the fault of the big bloated government who didn’t report his crimes to the data base so he wouldn’t have been able to purchase guns legally.

Go ahead. It will be interesting to see if any of the cases fit the scenario being discussed in this thread.

So you want the gun owner to be punished no matter what. Lovely.

There ya go. A good example of government not fulfilling its responsibility and duty. The law doesn’t work if it’s not enforced, and the universal background check law is exactly that … unenforceable.

If you are gonna act like a criminal then the state shall treat you like one

Turning good people into criminals by passing unenforceable laws is not the proper function of government. What would you do if they passed a law saying that you must report traffic violations by a driver of a car in which you are a passenger? Would you turn in your mother or wife for speeding or turning right on red without coming to a full stop?

Good people…lol…

Yes … good people. Why do you snicker at that? Do you feel that no gun owner is good because they own guns?

Nope…i just find it funny your pleas

What pleas?

Think on it…im moving on

How am I saying that? All I’m saying is do the sale in the manner according to the law and spend a few bucks on the transfer fee, or don’t and run the risk of big legal fees and a possible conviction.

You mean the system would have worked if the Air Force Officer had followed the law instead of ignoring it like you have been proudly posting here that you would do with any law telling you to get a background check on someone you were selling too?

Yeah, gee tired, I think you may be onto something there. I bet those 25 people Devin killed would have been grateful if the Air Force Officer hadn’t decided to ignore the law like you and others are claiming is such a good idea here.

Or maybe if they got rid of the 3 day rule or whatever it is that allowed the gunshop owner to sell the gun after that amount of time even though a question had popped up on his check. I guess that is too much of an inconvenience for “law abiding” gun owners like you too, huh?

I’m from CA and that is how the gun grab started.

What a special comparison.

Oldandtired said “background check” not registration. His point i think is valid. The Dems would scream “unconstitutional voter suppression” at the top of their lungs if you did background checks that could confirm non-citizen status or stolen ID, Double ID voting, or Deceased status.

Every gun control law is a tooth on a ratchet that tears away the second amendment

The 2nd Amendment is incorporated genio.

EVERYTHING!

How? You are saying pay the FFL fee or pay a lawyer. Either way the person pays for no benefit to themselves. That’s a punishment.