In July, New Mexico will require background checks on all gun sales

That wasn’t the question I asked.

So it is true that criminals won’t obey gun laws… Hmm.

Do you really think that criminals are going to have a background check run on the people they sell guns to?
As I said you all are going after the wrong people. Law abiding citizens are not the ones you should worry about but they are the only ones you seen to want to punish.
This has nothing to do with stopping gun violence. To some people it’s all about well we tried. To others it is the first step to gun confiscation.

You mean law abiding citizens like you who are proudly posting about how they would lie about having broken this “stupid” law by selling a gun to someone with no background check or about how ‘all their guns were lost in a barn fire’, those kind of law abiding citizens?

Do me a favor and after you read the above accusation from your post about criminals, read the rest of your post below and tell us which one is the one lying in your little story. :rofl:

I guess it really isn’t like criminals are good honest people.

Not without corroborating evidence. If it’s nothing more than their word against my word, I’m not going to prison.

The only strawman is that this law is enforceable.

I sold it to some guy on 2/15/15 … can’t remember his name, but it wasn’t that guy.

Or … I lost that one while on a camping trip. I assumed it was when the canoe overturned.

If they allowed me to access the NICS without having to hire an FFL I would be more than happy to voluntarily run a background check on a buyer who I could not personally vouch for. In the mean time, the current law that makes it illegal to knowingly sell a gun to someone who cannot legally possess one is sufficient. This law is an unnecessary, ineffective and burdensome imposition on my right to sell my personal property.

Might work.
I prefer to direct them to the FFL where I transferred the firearm.

I can’t help it if you aren’t clear about what part of my post you are referring to. But regardless, my response is still appropriate. The law is unenforceable regardless whether the counties try to enforce it or not.

Why should they? It’s nobody’s damn business what they do with their personal property.

No evidence, no indictment.

Part of the problem we face here Oldandtired, is that most anti-gun folks have no idea what the existing law is.

So you have no problem with criminals getting guns.

Not if it means the government taking my guns in a naive move to get theirs. Besides, as I said, it’s not the responsibility or the duty of individual citizens to disarm criminals. If the government wants to disarm criminals they should do so, but they have zero right to disarm me in the process.

If a person has had their Constitutional Rights suspended or removed through Due Process it is not the responsibility or the duty of individuals to police that Court action. What’s next, a shop owner being required to run a background check on all customers to see if they have a 500 ft restraining order issued by the owner of the shop next door or maybe see if they are a convicted pedophile and you often get kids in your store? Where does it stop?

California has had virtually the same law in place since 1991… Shall I start listing all those that have been charged?

Still gonna have to shell out for a lawyer. Guess you’ll have to decide whether you’d rather pay a couple bucks for the FFL transfer or a couple thousand bucks in legal fees.

Great gun hugger logic on display. Refuse to obey laws that will help keep guns out of criminals hands and then say la la la… gun laws don’t work.

I’ll bet this Air Force Officer feels a lot like you about obeying gun laws.

I bet the 25 people Devin killed wish he didn’t.