Impeachment support building?

Auntie Maxine spotted hanging out at “gasoline” stations

10Justicies

pipe dream

noun

Definition of pipe dream

: an illusory or fantastic plan, hope, or story

What’s the origin of the phrase ‘Pipe dream’?

pipe dreamThe phrase ‘pipe dream’ is an allusion to the dreams experienced by smokers of opium pipes.

:sunglasses:

McConnell is that you?

Why…yes…how did you guess?

:sunglasses:

I’m not so sure of that.

If I were a DEM, I think they would go a different route. Trump probably expects a court challenge – and that he will lose but will still save face. However he can “declare” an emergency and Congress can end his declaration by vote. Now the vote can fail, it can pass and he can veto (but then it is still subject to a veto override). IMHO, I think the Joint Resolution would pass (simple majority) but that Trump would veto, but it would then fail the veto override. You can bet the House will pass a JR in a hot minute and send it to the Senate.

See the provisions from The National Security Act of 1976 below. McConnell will hate it if the President uses the National Emergency Act to declare and emergency to bypass congress because the way I read it he will have no recourse but to refer it to committee, which then must report, and the Senate will be required to take a vote. McConnell in no way wants a recorded vote by GOP Senators on this.

.>>>>

1 Like

Let’s eat Grandma… Let’s eat, Grandma…

There’s no reason for a realistically serious discussion on this until the Mueller investigation report is in. Until then, the topic is just coffee ktatch fodder that really means nothing. I have my suspicions that the Mueller report won’t be an empty nest, but it’s pointless to even worry about that at this point.

What I can think about is how to keep him to one term. Which would be the best thing for this country since sliced bread.

Actually, she is hanging out on the House Financial Service Committee as it’s Chairperson.

Oh yes about to bestow her brilliance on the American people once again.

“We do not have a crisis at Freddie Mac, and particularly Fannie Mae, under the outstanding leadership of Frank Raines.” Auntie Mad Max

Folks need to absorb this. McConnell can only continue to be Trump’s lapdog for as long as senators don’t have to vote. Emergency declaration takes that power out of McConnels hand and chucks him firmly under the bus.

That ain’t happening unless Trump is willing to put potential future cover fire from the senate on the table.

He may be that stupid. We’ll see. But he needs those people if it comes down to a trial.