Impeachment hearings start 11/13/2019

.^

@GWH, @Snow96 , @Medicswife2002 - I’d respectfully request that this thread be made a sticky for 24 hours. Sticky status to be removed tomorrow morning.

I think it would behoove the board to have a single easily found place to discuss today’s public testimony in the House of Representatives on the historical happenings today. Only 3-times in the 240+ year history of this country have Presidents been subject to an impeachment actions.

1. I request that posters stay on the topic of the hears and resist the attempt to deflect.
  2. I request that posters stay respectful toward each other position whether it be in support of President Trump or against President Trump.
    .WW (In the vain of respectfulness I will refrain from using my normal sig.)
7 Likes

So very exciting to have the taxpayers fund and promoted D election meddling and collusion.

:popcorn:

4 Likes

The D party and Pelosi own the collusion for this.

They want a neat and quick series of disgruntled accusations and innuendos to build ads with.

1 Like

You don’t need a mod. I respect you enough to do it myself but…I still couldn’t help it. :sunglasses:

CSPAN or MSNBC?

I am thinking more about the Congressional staff man-hours that will be wasted on second hand testimony and desperate mind-reading attempts at false motives.

First tweet of the day… Conflict of interest?

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1194586470050349056?s=20

This will be a very entertaining few weeks

2 Likes

Keeping on the topic of today. My understanding is that yes Representatives during this public testimony will be able to turn their allotment of time to staff and professional lawyers in this proceeding. Just like the GOP did during the Associate Justice Kavanaugh’s confirmation.

So there is precedent.
.WW

The board has a feature that allows users to pin the topic to the top of the category. Or track the topic which will notify the user if it has been updated. We’ll allow users to track this topic as they see fit.

Tracking automatically engages when you post in the topic. Pinning the topic can be achieved by clicking on the wrench icon beside the post count scroll.

Daniel Goldman will be asking the questions for the democrats on the committee…

.^
Thanks @GWH, could you (or someone that knows) PM instructions. I’ll pin it in Politics for the day and remove the pin tomorrow.
.WW

Any news on if Republicans will be using an attorney to question? I might actually watch the whole thing if politicians aren’t asking questions drama queen style

Nice product placement for Goldman Sachs too.

Win-Win.

Thanks @GWH, I don’t see a wrench.
.WW

Stephen R. Castor

https://pressfrom.info/us/news/politics/-351813-who-is-stephen-r-castor-the-gop-staff-attorney-in-the-impeachment-hearings.html

1 Like

It’s pinned. Wrench should be to left of post number scroll. But no matter. If users want to, they can unpin the topic for themselves.

This public testimony needs to be held in private!

And the private testimony needs to be held in public!

2 Likes

No matter where one stands, history is being made. This doesn’t happen often.

2 Likes