Impeachment hearing 12-9-2019

No they didn’t.

Yes I should. My ability to read documents and news sources and watch previous hearings makes me immensely more informed than any joker the Republicans have called in the past month.

How nice, this is the same clown that called for Obama’s lynching.

Mr Shroyer had attracted attention to himself earlier this year with a racist call to lynch Mr Obama, whom he called “treasonous” during an interview with the far-right website Breitbart. He cited a conspiracy theory that has been pushed with no evidence by far-right actors as proof of the former president’s alleged misdeeds.

“Folks, Obama was emailing Hillary Clinton on her illegal server under a secret name, that came out in emails. And he claimed he didn’t know she had it. Barack Obama is a treasonous … he belongs in jail. He belongs in Guantanamo Bay. I mean look, I’m not saying this should happen but Barack Obama, you know, find the tallest tree and a rope.”

In one case Trumps own apppintee Rosenstein appointed an investigator.

In another, the president of the US personally called the Ukrainian President and sent his own personal attorney to pressure the Ukrainian President to go after his main political opponent.

Yes they are very very very different.

Since you are a lawyer, maybe you should lobby to be the counsel of Roger Stone. They obviously got it wrong.

The enjoyable part of this is that the facts are indisputable and history will show Trump as deeply crooked and that the GOP has become the party of enabling a crook.

Sure he won’t be convicted but that’s enough for me.

Again harping on that comment that Trump only demanded a public announcement of an investigation of Burisma before a White House meeting and did not demand an actual investigation be performed before the white house meeting. Do these people not understand that an investigation could not have been conducted in a couple of weeks?

Why would the president of the United States ever demand that a foreign president investigate their main political opponent? On what planet is that ever ok?

A reinvestigation could… remember this was already investigated.

YOURE ONLY DOING THIS BREAK TO HOLD A PRESS CONFERENCE!

immediately runs to nearest camera to hold a press conference

1 Like

Are the top level of politicians (except Trump) immune from investigation, then? No, they don’t get a get out of jail free card.

Where can I get a copy of this investigation, what was looked at, and the conclusions of that investigation, then?

1 Like

Of course not. Anyone can be investigated. But here in the U S of A that should be done by an independent judiciary right?

From Ukraine.

Top level? What level is that.

We convicted and tossed Trumps former NSA in prison.

Allan

When it gets down to it, I am certain that Trump supporters know its wrong for a president to independently push a foreign leader to investigate a political opponent. Its a pretty simple obvious wrong.

And yet they will spend oodles of times trying to parse it to make it look ok. Because…well I’m honestly not sure why.

4 Likes

I assume you mean for warrants, by that. The evidence is going to be largely in Ukraine. Find out what they know and then, if sufficient, continue the investigation here. When Mueller sought evidence from foreign countries, did he get a warrant from US courts or did he just request information from those countries?

Have you then read the details of this investigaton and find the evidence looked at to be sufficient?

This is parsing. Lets keep it simple. Is it okay for a president to pressure foreign leaders to investigate political opponents?

Why does the left spend oodles of time parsing the fact that Biden was in the previous administration? The same administration that blatantly cleared Hillary of wrongdoing because of her political affiliation and used the fake Steele dossier as grounds to start an investigation on the opposing campaign.

1 Like