Impeachment Article I on its way to adoption, Article II pending

Nope, she sends the articles to the Senate, appoints a house manager. The manager then appears before the Senate and acts according to the rules they set up.

When she submits, yes. But when is up to her.

President has been charged with high crimes and misdomeanors.

The sentate holds the TRIAL.

I believe speedy trial is applicable.

Lawn signs! Facebook posts!

If 2016 And 2018 taught us anything it’s that people will continue to vote the way they have voted for decades.

1 Like

From what I gather he has already been found guilty. The Senate is more like the sentencing phase of a trial.

Actually I think it helps the republican senators to keep the senate. I was more worried about them screwing it up and losing their majority.

See thread Are democrats willing to sacrifice their queen Nancy Pelosi

So IMO…this just might be the best of both worlds for repugs.

Remember…there is always unintended consequences. :wink:

I think trump was guarantee because of there impeachment, it was senate that I was worried about.

This action helps the senate IMO.

Silly libs are just digging deeper and deeper. :wink:

McConnell seems unfazed by the situation.

https://twitter.com/frankthorp/status/1207719962204356610

Because he knows holding it in congress neuters their reasons for rushing a vote.

LOL…they are hoping to sack there Queen for checkmate. :wink:

See my thread I started.

They want the senate…it’s only way to stop Trump judicial picks. And they’re willing to trade the house for the senate.

It is a fair argument. But the needle is not moving either direction, regardless. By pressuring the GOP Senate to accept negotiated terms to allow witnesses and evidence to be called and presented, it furthers the case the Democrats are making though.

Over 70% of Americans want there to be witnesses and evidence in a Senate trial. Including a majority of Republicans. The public support on this matter appears to be on the side of the Democrats right now.

It’s certainly possible. Let’s see who complains about it more, Democrats or Republicans. That should determine who is on the losing end of this, I suppose.

1 Like

LOL libs were accusing him of selling out. :rofl:

But it also takes away Trump’s guaranteed exoneration. He is NOT going to like that.

1 Like

There’s no pressure though. If it dies in the house, so be it.

Like the house wasn’t?

1 Like

It also removes any perceived inequitable actions by the senate. Politically, she just let them off the hook.

So I’m I.

Be careful what you ask for. :sunglasses:

And, remember that Turley said that what they had was paper thin, that they needed witnesses and documents. The GOP has been all over that. So if the Democrats now agree with them and want just that, it’s a hard argument for the GOP to now fight getting what they said they needed.

1 Like

This thing is not going to die. Trump cannot abide an out-of-sight, out-of-mind mentality it would take to let this die. There will be pressure from both the Democrats and from Trump. Different kinds of course, but pressure nonetheless.