Impeach trump now

i and ii in combination are most likely.

There certainly appears to be evidence of the first two.

President Trump may have the constitutional authority to fire investigators, however, congress has the power to impeach him for abuse of power. Given that the DOJ is run by someone hand picked by him, heā€™d never be charged with obstruction of justice even if thatā€™s what Mueller concluded.

I mean, I guess if you define obstruction of justice in a way in which it is impossible for a president to obstruct justice, then itā€™s basically a circular argument. However, there is no way that you can say the president didnā€™t obstruct justice or at least attempt to obstruct justice that would be applicable in any situation outside of the presidency.

Because the report could not be made public until the DOJ made redactions. That took a couple of weeks. The redactions were made by the DOJ, not Mueller and it took a couple of weeks to make them. Mueller didnā€™t have to make the redactions because he was not making the report public, he was making it to Barr.

Ever think how thing would have change if Clinton had resigned (given a possibility of conviction).

Al Gore goes in as an incumbent president. He has a much stronger presences campaigning. He lacks the Clinton baggage. Heā€™s elected president.

Now, all the same happens if the republicans get smart, decide to dump the Trump, convict, and go with Pence in 2020.

Beware of Greeksā€¦

The interesting scenario is if the republicans offer to suddenly support impeachment, do the dem go with it knowing it put Pence in such a strong position. :thinking:

This. [quote=ā€œJamerican, post:545, topic:176435, full:trueā€]
AS much as it pains me to say this, I donā€™t think impeachment is the answer. All it would do is further embolden is flock especially if impeachment charges is not successful. I prefer the decision be left up to the people. My hope is a decent fair minded republican would run against him and a fair minded democrat in the general.

This country needs balance and should stay balanced, we cannot fall into the trap in going too far right or too far left. Both would be yield horrible results.
[/quote]

Agree,

Creating another issue for Trump to counterpunch is fodder for his base and might confuse some independents when it failsā€¦because the senate pubs wonā€™t follow through.

Vote him out.

I did not comment on the period between Barr receiving the report leading up to the day prior to the release of the report to the public. Neither did I comment on the redactions contained therein.

What I specifically spoke to was why on the day the report was made public did Barr choose to hold a press conference about the Mueller report prior to the release of the report rather than have the press conference a few hours after the release of the report.

Surely by holding the press conference a few hours after the report was released to the public it would have allowed the journalists to ask more informed questions about the portion of the report that was not redacted.

1 Like

Go for it. I double dog dare you.

Word of advice for both parties from a American who loves his country but hates the government and favors neither party.
Republicans make sure your ducks are in a row to counter the impeachment of pumpkin head.
Democrats you better be a hundred percent sure you can make it stick, also get it on the table quick before Muellerā€™s report starts to lose its bite, if you donā€™t youā€™ll hand carrot top the 2020 election and heā€™ll proceed trying to destroy your party with nothing to lose not being able to be elected again.

I said it before in this thread that I believe impeachment is a dangerous thing to do politically and I much rather see 45 voted out. I get it though if impeachment is considered.

I listened to an old testimony by Larry Hogan SR(father of my current Governor, former resident/County Executive of the county I currently reside, and former US Rep for Maryland) as it relates to Richard Nixon and itā€™s telling. His message to his fellow republicans is a message that need to be listened to today. We all know that 45 wasnā€™t chargedā€¦fine, however his intent and seeking to do wrong displays his lack of a moral compass, lack of character, lack of integrity and willing to do whatever it takes to get what he want. It is disturbing and dangerous to our country. This current GOP and them clowns in both houses on Capital Hill have put party and politics over country. I still donā€™t agree with impeachment, but I agree with history and with this president itā€™s repeating itself. I donā€™t want hear, ā€œbut Obama and/or Hillaryā€¦blah, blah, blahā€, ā– ā– ā– ā–  them(Lord please forgive my language), they are no longer relevant. This is about the here, the now and the present condition of our country. To hell with, ā€œmy team vs. your teamā€, politicsā€¦someone need to step up and speak out and do something, we all do. If not by impeachment then do it by using the ballot. God Bless America!

I got that wrong.

Is is done yet?

This whole impeachment frenzy is just the newest fantasy for all of the dead ender willing dupes who bought into the urinating prostitutes, russian collusion nonsense.

Is it any wonder itā€™s the same people participating?

Impeachment gimps UNITE!!!

To the basement!

Itā€™s the beginning of the end, of wait this could be the end of the beginning I am not sure at this point.