Impeach trump now

Is this about getting elected? Well, at least you can admit it.

It appears no one cares about the debt. :smirk:

I don’t think there’s really an applicable example, this is a unique example.

It seems like the logical approach all along.

The house impeaches, the Senate convicts. Democrats have the votes to impeach him… the Senate doesn’t have to convict him. However, nobody knows how the impeachment hearings will effect his approval ratings when all of his dirt is being aired out publicly on a daily basis.

If you think impeachment will hurt the dems, why not root for them to do it? Let’s join hands and impeach Trump now.

The Mueller report reveals that Trump thinks it’s the job of the attorney general to protect him. That he got rid of two attorney general and installed someone who would protect him doesn’t speak much to his innocence.

It appears that you think the president should only be judged by loyalists. That’s a pretty pro-tyranny position.

Pelosi said no to impeachment

Before reading the Mueller report. We don’t know what the dems next move will be yet.

She said no that was her stance on it. Take it up with her.

The dems are still yet to meet up and discuss their next moves, so impeachment isn’t off the table. I mean, they have a long history or cowardice so of course I wouldn’t be surprised if they chicken out.

Is this about getting who elected ?

The dems won’t impeach without a strong hint the R’s will convict. That’s written in stone.

Why exactly would I be rooting to hurt the dems ? To your second sentence - again, no votes. Impeachment isn’t a tool to influence presidential approval ratings - besides, like you say above, we don’t know how/if they’ll be affected. If I’m not mistaken, Clinton’s AR went up afterwards.

1 Like

Impeachment certainly didn’t help Nixon. We have no idea how impeachment will effect Trump’s approval ratings as impeachment is not a frequent event and the circumstances of the prior impeachments were vastly different. It’s like watching two basketball games and thinking you can predict the outcome of every future game.

1 Like

Right, we don’t know. And the bigger point is it’s not what this process if for anyhow. Impeachment is a mechanism to indict a sitting public officials on charges. Unless the charges are serious enough to the point where 67 senators would vote accordingly, is this not a waste of everyone’s time ?

Trying to get rid of special counsel that’s looking into provable Russian interference with our elections and instructing your subordinates to lie to protect you sounds like good enough reason to impeach a president to me… and that’s just the tip of the iceberg.

I simply stated the fact that the top of our federal justice department is the last legal resource for the attempt to overturn the election of 2016 through legal channels.
That leaves Congress…and unless they can do better than Mueller did (they can’t) that is dead on arrival in the Senate.
Where was all this concern by Dems about biased AGs when we had Lynch and Holder?

He could have done so at any time, he didn’t and even if he did, it wouldn’t have ended the investigation.

Allegation, unproven.

You clearly know that Trump fired the previous Attorney General and hired Jeff Sessions based on the assumption that Jeff Sessions would protect him. Trump then goes and hires Barr to protect him. Barr then deliberately misleads the public about the contents of the report…but you still suggest that we should believe the conclusions of someone Trump specifically hired to be loyal to protect him? Trump basically hired the AG Barr to act as his defense attorney.

To suggest that we should only take the word of Trump loyalist is an endorsement of Tyranny.

When did I ever suggest that Holder’s opinion should be the final word on whether or Obama did any wrong doing? You realize how absurd what you are saying is and are trying to deflect.

You’re championing for Trump to have unchecked power and to only be judged by those loyal to him.

He ordered Mueller to be fired, his subordinates just didn’t follow his orders because they didn’t want to throw away their careers.

So everyone is lying except the guy who lies for sport on a daily basis?