Immigration rebellion

They shouldn’t have a choice.

We could tattoo their forearms.

Maybe if you use henna.

Then show it to be otherwise.

Which are easily removed and trashed.

Now many tens of thousands more border agents would we have to hire to police all of the violators and bring them back into custody under this scenario?

“How many”

I guess if it’s too expensive we just have to put these children through all this trauma and hope they have happy productive lives anyway. The politics of this is too important to think of the children.

The people putting them through this trauma are their own parents.

They are just children. They have no say what their parents do. Trump could end this with a phone call. But politics are more important. Must keep the house majority so Republicans can protect him from whatever it is he keeps lying about.

You mean “parents” like this?

Del Rio Sector spokesman Dennis Smith confirmed to Breitbart Texas on Monday that the three minors were not the woman’s children by blood or legal guardianship.

Border Patrol officials turned the family unit over to ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations officers for placement in a family residential facility, officials stated. “The other adult female will be processed for illegal entry, and the unaccompanied children – ages 11, 12 and 14 – will be turned over to Health and Human Services’ Office of Refugee Resettlement.”

Border Patrol officials frequently told Breitbart Texas that they find adults traveling with unaccompanied minors who attempt to claim they are family members.

Bringing up the rare exceptions are always helpful to the conservative agenda.

Except they are not rare exceptions.

“frequently” - a rather benign word. I frequently make typos, but nowhere near the number of times I type correctly. How about presenting some actual numbers.

I have a PACER account and can look up the cases… Want to give me a date range and what they were charged with and I’ll give you an exact number… Surely these cases would be federal criminal charges… Let me help back up the claim… Or are you suggesting that the administration has not adopted a “zero tolerance” policy on human smugglers?

[quote=“BlueTex, post:607, topic:4201”]
I have a PACER account and can look up the cases… Want to give me a date range and what they were charged with and I’ll give you an exact number… Surely these cases would be federal criminal charges… Let me help back up the claim… Or are you suggesting that the administration has not adopted a “zero tolerance” policy on human smugglers?
[/quote]_

The article states what they were charged with and what will happen to the children.

Three of the children were not with relatives. However, all of the children lose because the adults entered the country illegally.

You stated these are rare exceptions helpful to the conservative agenda. I posted what Border Patrol officials report.

I think the onus is on you to prove that what percent are legitimately crossing with relatives versus those who are being used as pawns.

I am asking a very simple, logical question… If there are lots of these cases occurring there should be federal criminal cases as public record. I’m asking what statute they would charged under so I can help YOU support YOUR argument. Why don’t you want to help me support your argument with real data?

You are the one in dispute of the article I posted, stating, “this is a “rare occurrence” helpful to the conservative agenda.”

If you dispute the article and the validity of what border patrol stated in the article, the research to disprove is not on me, it is on you to prove your argument.

On Monday, Nielsen gave a fierce defense of the prosecution policy, insisting that the government’s aim is to protect children. She said the number of adults and children arriving at the border who fraudulently claimed to be a family group rose 314 percent between October 2017 and February, without specifying the number of cases.

A Homeland Security official later said the agency detected 46 such fraud cases during the government’s 2017 fiscal year, or about .06 percent of the more than 70,000 families taken into custody. The figure rose to 191 during the first five months of the current fiscal year.

In Trump’s efficient U.S. family separation system, reunions take far longer

A 314% increase is not insignificant. 46 cases over the course of one year to 191 in the first five months of the current fiscal year is not a “rare occurrence”.

With a zero tolerance policy, I suspect the percentages will become the inverse.

So, I’m going to start a rant, and this is not directed at you:

To me, one child being exploited is one too many. I would much rather see ALL children removed, the “parents screened” and IF and only WHEN they are cleared, able to be reunited with their children.

I find it absolutely astonishing that some people cannot seem to fathom or simply refuse to acknowledge that on a month or more long journey these children have gone through more trauma then they should ever have to see in such a short lifetime. Yet, the concern is separation anxiety? That is like saying, “I need to spray my house for termites because I found an ant.”

Nor, do I hear any acknowledgement that the blame for their trauma rests squarely on the shoulder of the parent: the parent who is being portrayed as not complicit but as a victim as well.

People hear recordings of children crying for “mommy or daddy” but who hears the ones who cry silently and unheard because there is no mommy. There is no daddy. They are just a means to an end to be discarded when they are no longer of use. Where is the protection, sympathy and outrage for them? From what I am hearing the solution seems to be they should remain with who they came with even if that person does not have their best interest in mind and without verification?

I am sorry for the children. I have empathy for the legitimate asylum seekers. But, when you overwhelm the system the legitimate are going to suffer for those who exploit.

Our job, our duty, is to discern on behalf of those who cannot speak for themselves, who have no voice and to treat all parties as humanly as possible given the circumstances trust upon us. That some will be treated unfairly is a given. Life isn’t fair and there is no guarantees that it ever will be.

end of rant.

No, the law and securing our borders is more important.

The parents are dragging these kids thousands of miles on a very perilous and dangerous journey and then illegally entering the US by intent. Doing so is a crime for which they are being justly and properly arrested and prosecuted.

They drag these kids along with them in hopes of avoiding prosecution and getting a quick release to then be allowed to stay in the US.

If we allow this we will be overrun very quickly and the only deterrent is strictly enforcing the law.

Build the wall, secure the border and send a strong message south that we will no longer be a dumping ground for the excess populations of Mexico and Central America and the problem will solve itself. To do anything else guarantees to make the problems far worse for everyone involved and especially for the US Taxpayer.