Immigration rebellion

Well that simply isn’t true so no, we aren’t both right.

It was extremely rare for people to come to the US fleeing violence in other countries until fairly recently in our history.

There were two things driving most of it, religious freedom and economic opportunity.

Then why aren’t they? Tell me the situation described below is better than that 4 year old being cared for by her mother.

A young girl separated from her aunt at a Border Patrol facility had to get her…
A 16-year-old girl at a Border Patrol facility in South Texas had to teach other children in her cage how to change the diaper of a young girl who had been separated from family members.

According to the Associated Press, a 16-year-old girl in a South Texas facility took care of a four-year-old girl she didn’t know for at least three days when they were kept in the same chain-link cage together.

Agents initially thought the four-year-old was younger, in part because she wasn’t talking or communicating with anyone. As it turned out, the girl only spoke K’iche, a language indigenous to Guatemala, and not Spanish.

“She was so traumatized that she wasn’t talking,” Brane told the Associated Press. “She was just curled up in a little ball.”

Source?..

Pick a history book and look at the big waves of immigration to the US and what inspired them.

Never miss an opportunity to generate outrage with histrionics.

Getting your diapers changed by a stranger isn’t a life changing trauma inducing event.

being a 4 year old and never knowing if you will see your family again is.

Your 3 years old someone grabs you separates you from your loved ones send you to a dentition center in which no one speak the same language as you, you have no idea where you are, when you will go home, if you will ever see your family again.

Yep that will not cause any Trauma enjoy the multi million dollar lawsuit in 10 years.

Can you perhaps come up with something factual for a change instead of the emotional histrionics?

Who is telling them they’ll never see their families again?

1 Like

Still waiting. C’mon CJ back it up.

No, it’s simply a fact as demonstrated by the dramatic drop off in attempted illegal crossings during the recession and the first few years of the worst recovery from a recession in US history.

Hundreds of millions of babies get their diapers changed by people other than their parents every year. What life changing trauma has it induced?

Seriously, is this what you have yourself all twisted over?

I’d infer that you’d like me to believe being separated from her aunt is the cause of her trama;.
It could also be having her diaper changed by a stranger - the article infers both and never states the cause or if she began speaking again after being reunited with her aunt.

However, my bet is she saw things, horrible things, on the trec here and is unable to process them.

My second thought is the girl had some problems to begin with as she is still wearing a diaper at 4 years of age. She looks looks too tall to be just 4 years of age. But, ya never know. She could be on the next basketball team when she’s a teenager.

I’m sure that is just the way it happens. The children are grabbed, even if a dislocated shoulder is what it takes to peel them away from their loved one. (sarcasm)

I am sure they are told both by the custodian or parent that this is going to happen even prior to the start of their journey and it will be temporary. I’m sure this is reinforced by the people in the detention center prior to separation.

I’m sure it is traumatic for the children even though they’ve been told beforehand. Hoever, their parent made that decision for them so ultimately, if you want to blame trauma on anyone you can place the blame where it belongs: on the parent.

Its so nice to see trumpists compare days to months, and temporary drop offs where the kids have more certainty that their parents will see them again to months where there is a high uncertainty kids will ever see their parents again.

I wonder what the aunts and parents would say if Centgov told them, "Ok, we’re going to let you in and give you a residence visa, but we’re going to enroll the kids in military school until they’re 18.

Looks like a bunch of deployed troops in an Air Force hangar somewhere.

Not even republicans would enact that law