I'm Starting To Change My Mind. Maybe Trump Is Right And Needs Our Support

It’s a good read. It helps put into perspective just how crazy the Trump presidency is when this is the excuse being put forth by him and his defenders, and that somehow people are supposed to take this seriously.

1 Like

But not for a hoax…

That’s a perfect leftist response to the article and exactly why it was written. This poster thinks the author wrote what the Trump team thinks, but it’s not! It’s fake news, and the poor guy was fooled by it again…

See it was all a hoax. The deep state forced the Trump campaign to hire Paul Manafort, the political advisor to Russian puppets. The deep state forced Roger Stone to communicate with the Russian hacker, who it isn’t even clear is Russian, since the intelligence community was in bed with Clinton and working against Trump. As was the FBI, even though they released damaging information about her right before the election.

This is just part of the nonsense that Trump defenders would have you believe. It’s utter insanity.

1 Like

Fake News! Hoax witch hunts! Deep State! The entire government apparatus is against Trump, and only him and Rudy Giuliani can save us!

(The important thing here is to make the Trump the victim.)

1 Like

His supporters totally disagreed with your assessment.

The author didn’t say it was the entire intelligence committee either.

You’re picking nits.

The flaw in the narrative is it doesn’t hang together as a coordinated assault on Trump.

There are actions that simply would not have been done if the desired outcome was Trump would not be President.

1 Like

Standard operating procedure on this board is that any evidence or explanation provided to libs on this board is summarily dismissed or nitpicked into oblivion.

I’m not interested in submerging in that.

You’re not following the spirit of this thread.

The article NF asks the reader to put biases aside and consider the facts presented therein.

Your response jumps to the prejudgment that there are no dots to connect, whereas the article lays them out for you.

Actually, he didn’t tell NF what to think and feel. He stated what HE thinks.

He didn’t say that.

You made that up.

Your joking right?

I figured it was just bogus nonsense from you as a means to then launch into a personal attack. Seriously, go tug someone else’s apron for a while.

1 Like

I kind of expected you would say, “No, I’m serious and I want to know…”

I was ready to engage.

Your response indicates my caution was justified.

It’s not prejudgement.

Just before the 2016 presidential election, The Hill reported that “Federal government employees are opening their wallets to help Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump on Nov. 8.”

It checked Federal Election Commission records and reported that of the roughly $2 million given by feds in 14 agencies, “about $1.9 million, or 95 percent, went to” Clinton, the Democrat. It said that Department of Justice political donors gave 99 percent of their money to Clinton, while at the State Department , which she once headed, only 1 percent of the reported political contributions went to candidate Trump. It said that Trump got $8,756 from Justice employees, compared to $286,797 (at that date) for Clinton. Of the political contributions from Internal Revenue Service workers, 94 percent went to Clinton.

The FEC data covered only contributions of $200 or more. And there is no way of knowing how many of the contributors were Democratic political appointees who had a vested — as well ideological interest — in the Democrats retaining control of the White House. Like maybe keeping their six-figure jobs for another four, maybe eight years.

Depending on who’s numbers you use 90-95% of federal employees are/support democrats.

1 Like

The Deep State made him pick the losers in his cabinet too. I mean only the best people.

Trump is definitely the conspiracy theorists’ man. Problem is that conspiracy theories stop working the longer your guy is in power.

Since you can’t simply flush the bureaucracy it takes time and only so much can be done as long as the same individuals hold power within same.

You expect every one of them to be replaced by Trump loyalists?