I'm really hope Trump pardon Snowden

I know he’s highly controversial but I want to know what he knows. You all know how I feel about NSA, FBI and CIA etc. But this nerd has my respect…may be only nerd in history that does.

5 Likes

Republicans wanting a pardon for a traitor who had to flee to Russia is not a surprise to me.

2 Likes

This thread isn’t about Russia!!!

3 Likes

Pimple on Strzok posterior as a traitor.

Strzok betrayed trust of position.

Biden can pardon him and the smartest man he knows.

Trump can give Snowden a pass if it helps straighten up the intelligence wing.

Yeah, letting the public know that the NSA can listen to everybody’s phones sure is traitorous. I’m in favor of pardoning Assange as well. All he did is what real journalists used to do before they were corporate owned.

7 Likes

There was a time once where actually liberals on democrat side agreed with privacy etc. Hell there were actually few liberals talked about dangers of those agencies.

But after witnessing just how effective they were under Obama…they seen the advantage of such agencies spying on follow political opponents in name of security.

And thus making those agencies more dangerous then foreign government that they were designed to protect us from.

9 Likes

Sadly the Cold War must go on forever for the left. And I understand why Russia’s population is mostly white and Christian to the left that’s as bad as Saddam Hussein and ISIS.

3 Likes

What was this “traitor’s” motivation and what did he gain?

That would be a horrible precedent.

Let him spend his life doing hard time and then pardon him on his death bed if you want but he deserves to pay his full due.

1 Like

No, it was completely suspended during Clinton and Obama’s terms.

It will be perfectly fine to kiss up to Russia again starting January 20th.

1 Like

And the military tactics, strategies, locations, troop movements, names and other secrets he divulged? Water under the bridge?

I think not.

1 Like

i’ve always been torn on wikileaks. 1st amendment seems to me to be a factor. is wikileaks a media org? i believe essentially they are. at the same time… tough call.

Snowden was not a journalist.

says who? i could not care less about the government “allowing” someone to be a journalist by offering them “credentials”. by what authority does the government create this infringement? wiki leaks is by any definition i know of a media org.

1 Like

He was a hacker working inside of the DOD.

He leaked the info to Wiki, he was not working for them.

you’re thinking of the trans guy obama pardoned. snowden has not to my knowledge ever been employed by dod

He was a DOD contractor working for the NSA.

admittedly, not something i’ve followed. snowden did not leak to wiki leaks, he is wikileaks. just the same, if he personally stole info from dod as a contractor for them, then he should be prosecuted for that, there are established whistle blower procedures and they do not include publishing secret info.

No, Julian Assange “is wikileaks”.

Snowden is a traitor.

very well may be. he is still wiki leaks though. he didn’t “leak” anything to them, he is them. that does not preclude him from prosecution for divulging secrets he was privy to based on his work for dod, nor for his personal actions hacking them. i had thought the info was leaked to him at wiki, not that he got it himself. i was wrong about that.