I'm jumping in with both feet . . . . wish me luck . .

Electric bike, Electric scooter . . . essentially the same thing. And this just looks like a lot of fun to be on as well.

Why go with this one wheel instead of a stand up scooter with handles like you see for rent everywhere, or a powered longboard?

I notice the guy in your vid is carving to maintain his control? You ever surfed/snow/skateboard before?

Aw ■■■■ I want one too now. I’ve seen the xr around austin but I had no idea it was $1800

…oh lord its only $1500 at a local shop…Why, daddy needs a new tv.

Stand up scooter two reason: A) They have small wheels, and because of that they have an extremely high accident rate. A lifted panel on a sidewalk and off you go. Hit a curb . . . off you go. Sidwalk/pavement ends off ya go. B) I have my motorcycle for two wheels :smiley:
Long board. Small wheels so most of A) above when it comes to that. Also long boards (electrified) require a remote to use.

And well these one wheel boards are just bad ass looking, and look fun to ride.

The guy in the video is highly experienced. His board has over 2k miles on it (range is about 20 miles, so you do the math on home much he uses it). You don’t have to do carving on these. You can go straight as an arrow. I’ve skateboarded, and roller bladed before.

I’ve bought the brand new baby brother “pint”. Half the price.

See if they have one you can rent . . . give it a shot :smiley:

Oh and try this with a stand up scooter (like the rentals) or a long board.

This is the model I’ve ordered . . . . the big tire allows pavement, cement, grass, dirt . . .

I ain’t right in the head . . .

So I searched and this one came up. Get one, you could join the austin float on their group rides in a few months :smiley:

Nothing like watching some of them do their thing in your city right?

Just found this video . . . everyday I find more video’s. This one alone would make me support this company. Custom making one for a disabled man who . . . well . . . . you just have to watch the video for youself. On the cool meter scale of 1 to 10, this is 1,000.

If you try to balance yourself with your feet and not your hips, you’re going to have a high accident rate as well. lol

There’s one guy who frequently sits next to me on the bus who’s got something really similar. Recently, I got out at the same station he did and watched him navigate that thing through the crowd - this was close to 5 pm so there were loads of pedestrians on the sidewalk. I was like - there’s no way I’d do that in a million years.

I’m lucky . . . . I live in a rural area. I won’t have to try and navigate through people.

1 Like

Well, according to the betting pool at work I guess I should say nice knowing you all. Get to start learning to ride this thing this weekend. I’m pretty sure they have a betting pool going at work on how many hours until I kill myself.

:smiley::smiley:

I’m with them. :heart:

Take it off some sweet jumps!

Oh HELL no.

I’ll leave the darwin award stuff to people like this guy

Watch the entire thing for jumps, poping curbs, trail riding, wall riding, grass and dirt sliding.

Well after a few days of getting to know the Onewheel board I can say this . . .

It’s terrifying and exilerating at the same time. I’ve only got about 2 hours on it, havn’t left my driveway yet . . . .

And I did put some significant scuff marks on a wrist guard, elbow pad on the same arm, and opposite side knee pad :smiley:

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing, and stay safe out there!

Dude…that thing just looks dangerous!

90% of everything we do in life is dangerous :smiley:

1 Like

“Credentials” :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

This thread is perfect, it is this site.

Dont be too harsh about this site, its not like you have been banned for 1,000 years and cannot post here.

This site for all its faults allows you to post your musings and pontifications.

2 Likes

Be careful man. Sincerely.

1 Like