Illinois Sheriffs won’t enforce “assault” weapons ban

Nullification in the Constitution?

Sworn to uphold the constitution, that law is clearly unconstitutional in light of the Heller ruling.

If the state legislature passed a law ordering them to execute people for jaywalking should they enforce it?

1 Like

Oversimplification

How so?

and that I will faithfully and impartially discharge, the duties of a peace officer, to the best of my ability, so help me God.

Arizona.

I’m not sure nullification is an option.

Maybe a couple of flyovers. But Ol Folksy Joe did bring in a battalion of soldiers, fence off and concertina wired off the Capitol. :rofl:
Took real good care of 'em too. Got to sleep in unheated parking lots and fed bad food that gave 'em gastrointestinal disorders.
Yup tha J’Biden loves the troops. :wink:
Pelosi under fire as troops 'served raw meat while protecting Capitol'

2 Likes

People who don’t do their job should be fired or replaced. But I’m not sure if that’s a workable resolution in this situation.

An argument could be made these sheriffs are doing their job. Pritzger’s big victory over violence law is unconstitutional. It will no doubt eventually be struck down after a court hears the arguments.

1 Like

These officers don’t get to decide what is constitutional and what is not. That is not their job. If there’s an agreement to wait until a court case is resolved, that is fine.

Except the court has already decided this question.

1 Like

What case are you referring to?

Mmmmmm.

The one that says its unconstitutional to ban guns. More specifically in regard to application to states, New York State Rifle and Pistol Association v. Bruen

1 Like

Someone should tell California, Connecticut, Delaware, Hawaii, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, and New York then.

Nice name change.

1 Like

Don’t worry, the court will be telling them all shortly. Here is the new test put forth in Bruen to pass constitutional muster

Gun laws now must be judged based on the “text, history and tradition” of the Second Amendment: What did the amendment mean to the founders, where did they think the right to bear arms originated, and how did they apply it?

This thread just goes to show that, libs are a bigger threat to you than a mass shooter.

:man_shrugging:

7 Likes

Sure they are. You can wait for a court to tell them it is. Just like military members they are responsible for following illegal orders.

1 Like

Pritzker is a blowhard that he and his Dimbulbcrat political ass kissers concocted an “AR-15 and high capacity magazine ban” giving the appearance they’re doing something. Chicago is still a shooting gallery with record numbers of deaths. But don’t task your law enforcement to do something about crime without taking away their teeth. Make your LEOs enforce an unconstitutional law.
Brilliant! Pritzker is going to look the bulbous load of adipose tissue he is when a judge strikes the law down. Dumbass

1 Like