Illinois manufacturer moving to Mexico over Trump tariffs

Well, yes that is how it really works. Are you bitter about that?

:point_up_2:

And that’s how it really works.

1 Like

Not at all. It’s just stating a fact.

Can’t really say more than this. Obviously, you are a person who understands small business. I can only give you an upvote and wish I could do times ten.

all of us try to take care of our employees. well, not all companies but i’d say most.

now, does that mean the owner/principal/president/ceo is gonna make less money (or benefits/etc) than his employees? only in rare cases (and usually not on average).

the reason almost all of us started a company was to make money and support our families. if that includes, say, a 10 person shop where the owner makes $50k per year and the average salary of the other 9 people is $60k per year, well, that’s not one i hear about much. maybe car dealerships that are new? i could see a 2 person shop where the employee is the brains or sales making more than the owner.

and in the long run the owner is gonna try (usually) to make really good money/benefits/retirement if they can.

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander. Might be fun to invade Mexico for jobs right?

Which belies your claim that you own a mid-sized business.

Actually Obama had 1.58 percent average growth counting his first year.

Not counting his first year for those 7 years he average 2.17 percent growth.

wha?..

Yeah…let’s forget about the nealy 3% drop in GDP due to the great recession, that made that avg low.

Let’s also not forget about the laws that passed the house, that the pubs, and handful of conservadems blocked in the senate that could have made a difference.

And the only stimulas package he could pass, was mostly conservtive tax cuts.

I am not saying the economy boomed under Obama, far from it. But it certainly bounced back nicely, with moderate, steady progress.

Or do you like boom and bust cycles?

You sure. C’mon…only a few more seconds and:

Stack-On has operated in Chicago — its only two U.S. plants — for four decades, according to the Tribune, which added that the company already has factories in Mexico and China.

uh oh. it appears we still have republicans here cheering wal-mart on. from another thread…

Oh, look… The Chinese are coming to negotiate…

Gee I wonder what is happening in November that has the U.S. will to talk.

Round 2. How did Round 1 go for Trump? Will Round 2 be more of the same clown show?

Looks like a good bill that will die a quick death thanks to the idiots in congress.

One of the biggest changes that the bill proposes is for employees to elect at least 40 percent of board directors. The bill also seeks to impose limits on when executives can sell company shares. Directors and officers would have to hold shares for five years before
selling them, or in the case of a company stock buyback, three years.

I like this part.

Warren’s bill also takes aim at political contributions by requiring approval for all political expenditures from at least 75 percent of shareholders.

Warren says she hopes the bill will address the problem of stagnant wage growth at U.S. companies. She argues that instead of paying workers fairly and reinvesting profits, U.S. businesses have increasingly funneled earnings to shareholders.

I have used Stack On tool boxes. They are cheaply made and if low durability and low quality. They do sit nicely in a corner and look good if they are not getting heavy use. Like in a lab holding tools no one ever uses.

It was 2.5 drop not 3. …and 7 years after is average GDP was 2.17. Think about 2.17 after a major recession. Usually after a deep recession the economy come roaring back.

His last year Obama GDP was 1.6…7 years later.

There were also several quarters in the 3’s and over 4.

And…i noticed you did not address that cons (in both parties) would not approve a huge stimulas that was needed to truly get the economy going. We got 700 billion or so, with more of a 1/3 of that was in tax cuts.

Many economists were recommending 1-2 trillion dollar stimulas…but that was ignored.

I personally knew a husband and wife who ran a small company together, during the tough times of 2008-2011, one of them forfeited their salary during that time, to ensure their employees still got paid.

I have worked for some bad owners though. One guy I worked for, rewarded himself with a $250,000 sports car, while no one got a raise.

1 Like