Illegals-They aren't all "Good Hard Working People just trying to better their lives

A serious problem that is significantly lower than that of natives. Illegal immigrants, and much more so legal immigrants, are less likely to commit violent crimes than natives.

Based on the data, I’d rather have the average Jose as my neighbor than the average Joe.

Just because you don’t like the results doesn’t mean you can just deny it exists.

Due to the inaction of our federal government to enforce our immigration laws, I agree. This can’t be done all at once but over a period of time. Those that are excellent candidates should be offered a pathway to citizenship but the problem needs to stop…immediately.

And as noted there is no possible way to know how many illegals are in the US.

Great. Then stop touting the financial benefits of the lack of illegal immigrants since it’s not going away any time soon.

Without any possible way to count the total population of illegals there is no possible way to determine an accurate percentage of the whole.

You claim to be an educated guy so you know this is true.

Wait, is it that there are significantly fewer or more? I’ve honestly never heard the argument from conservatives that there are fewer than expected illegal immigrants. And if there are more, well, then that makes the stats look even better in their favor.

I will never stop until our laws are enforced…equally…whether you’re Hillary or an illegal alien.

There is no possible way to know.

You started the ■■■■■■■ thread about criminal aliens. I guess your OP is no big deal because “there is no possible way to know” how many illegal immigrants are actually in this country. Your stats are meaningless then. Oh well. /thread

There are several methods to estimate the population of illegal immigrants and they all give roughly the same results which is an indicator of reliability.

It’s pretty accurate without a modest degree of uncertainty.

Sorry if that doesn’t suit your purposes but it’s the way things are.

There is no possible way to come up with an accurate number. We all know that to be true.

It’s a stupid ■■■■■■■ argument anyways. No conservative takes the position that there are actually fewer illegal immigrants than estimated. It undermines their overall argument about being “infested”. However, if there are more than estimated, then the criminal statistics work against them as well as that would mean that illegal immigrants are even less likely to commit violent crimes…

Whether we know the total percentage of the illegal alien population or not the problem remains the same. A massive amount of crime is committed by illegal aliens that would not occur absent their presence in the US.

Is “we all know” your short cut to not having to make an argument?

Because it’s false. We don’t “all know” that to be true.

I think they’re more than accurate enough for our purposes.

An even more massive amount of crime is committed by the native population.

Based on the data, I’d rather have the average Jose be my neighbor rather than the average Joe.

Just like Americans and people in general. Most good, some bad…

Are you saying you have an accurate way to count the total population of illegals? Present it if you do.

Three estimates from three sources well within a reasonable degree of accuracy.