Illegals-They aren't all "Good Hard Working People just trying to better their lives

There’s also an amazing irony to having illegal immigrants construct the wall at far lower wages than citizens.

Wages? Who the ■■■■ said anything about wages? They don’t need no stinkin’ wages!

How about we look at the entire prison population and then determine what percent are illegal aliens? The answer is 25% and yet, they don’t make up 25% of our population according to the GAO. That would suggest that this meme about how they commit less crimes vs native born Americans to be bull feces.

What crime? I’m guessing the vast majority of those crimes were illegal entry. In other words, non-violent, good hard working people just trying to better their lives.

Alright…then I should also add the cost to educate, hospital visits, driving accidents without insurance, prosecution, etc… There’s no doubt, Mexico would pay for the wall just in savings.

That is most decidedly not a better method. I can detail exactly why if you want.

The biggest flaw is you say “the entire prison population” but your study only cites the federal prison population which is a sliver of the overall prison population and not representative of the group as a whole.

I know I’ve told you this before. If you want to have the discussion again, we can.

Koushi for President. :sunglasses:

You absolutely should. When you get the results, let me know. I’m interested in data, not what you’re “sure” about.

You’re looking at federal prisons. Guess what jurisdiction immigration falls under. Guess what percentage of the total inmate population is made up of federal prison population. Less than 10%.

Thank you, thank you. My platform will include building a trebuchet on the US side of the wall to be used in returning illegals to their side of the wall.

The annual cost of illegal aliens in our country is over 100 billion. No matter how you attempt to liberalize this, the savings will pay for the wall in a very short period of time.

Analyzing TX DPS data [1]:

The homicide conviction rate for illegal immigrants was 25 percent below that of native-born Americans in Texas in 2015. The conviction rates for illegal immigrants were 11.5 percent and 79 percent below that of native-born Americans for the crimes of sexual assault and larceny, respectively. Illegal immigrants were more likely to be convicted of gambling, kidnapping, smuggling, and vagrancy than natives, but those crimes constituted only 0.18 percent of all convictions that year in Texas. For all criminal convictions in Texas in 2015, illegal immigrants had a criminal conviction rate 56 percent below that of native-born Americans. Legal immigrants had a criminal conviction rate 85 percent below that of native-born Americans.

Another study in the journal Criminology shows that, even when controlling for economic and demographic factors, increases in immigrant populations within states are associated with lower levels of violent crime [2].

For this reason, any set of immigration policies moving forward should be crafted with the empirical understanding that undocumented immigration does not seem to have increased violent crime.

1. https://object.cato.org/sites/cato.org/files/pubs/pdf/irpb-4-update.pdf
  2. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1745-9125.12175

That’s not the net cost. Getting rid of all illegal immigrants will have serious detrimental effects on the economy.

Which we all know is a fraudulent claim.

Which we know is a fraudulent claim.

TX DPS is posting fraudulent data?

Nobody has a clue how many illegals are actually in the country.

According to DPS’s numbers even going with the estimates there is a significant problem with crimes committed by illegals in the state.

Lawful Presence Determined Through PEP
According to DHS status indicators, over 261,000 criminal aliens have been booked into local Texas jails between June 1, 2011 and July 31, 2018, of which over 175,000 were classified as illegal aliens by DHS.

Between June 1, 2011 and July 31, 2018, these 175,000 illegal aliens were charged with more than 273,000 criminal offenses which included arrests for 505 homicide charges; 30,408 assault charges; 5,396 burglary charges; 34,555 drug charges; 365 kidnapping charges; 15,100 theft charges; 22,213 obstructing police charges; 1,569 robbery charges; 3,212 sexual assault charges; 2,022 sexual offense charges; and 2,754 weapon charges. DPS criminal history records reflect those criminal charges have thus far resulted in over 112,000 convictions including 225 homicide convictions; 12,540 assault convictions; 2,967 burglary convictions; 16,762 drug convictions; 152 kidnapping convictions; 6,741 theft convictions; 10,720 obstructing police convictions; 950 robbery convictions; 1,567 sexual assault convictions; 1,076 sexual offense convictions; and 1,194 weapon convictions.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/administration/crime_records/pages/txCriminalAlienStatistics.htm

Nonsense. It’s been shown over and over again.

Yes, the same fraud has been repeated numerous times.

Nope. We have a very good means for estimating. It’s hard admitting it because that gives you less ability to peddle your narrative.