Illegal immigration and Kids

Hey guys havent you heard? We K, TRUMP FIXED IT!

He hasn’t’ fixed anything.

For once I agree with you, there is no comparing how much influence the 2 have within their parties. Trump is the president, and leader of the party who enjoys a 90% approval rating among Republicans. Any longtime Republican who opposes him gets labeled a RINO. Kamala Harris is a freshman senator with no power that doesn’t even have a seat on any committee.

This EO is going to be 100% challenged in court, @WuWei brought up Flores v. Reno and he is right on

Was there wall to wall media coverage at the time?

I remember the LA Times covered it extensively at the time but what was going on then as horrible as it was, wasn’t nearly as bad as what is currently going on. Not even close

It’s not broad brushing if every D is on board. I’m quite certain every D signed on to Feinstein’s bill, which is just a return to the status quo… catch and release.

I’m quite amazed that even red state Ds were supporting it. Don’t think it’s going to fly in WV, ND and MO.

Now maybe what I’ve heard about her bill isn’t entirely accurate. There are a lot of stories going around that aren’t entirely true.

But there is no question the position of Ds is catch and release.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/fpm/267385/democrats-rising-star-john-perazzo

Harris is a nobody like Obama was at the same point in his career and just like Obama right after he gave the keynote speech at the Convention in 2004 she’s been touted as a potential winner for the 2020 presidential race.

You’d have to work pretty hard to find an article that doesn’t describer her as a “rising star in the democratic party” or that doesn’t mention her potential for 2020.

Trump has high favorability among republicans because so far he’s done a pretty decent job of keeping his campaign promises and that’s it. He has a handful of mindless sycophantic followers and he’s still at great odds with most of the republican establishment.

Trump’s strength remains with the disaffected dem’s and independents that put him in office and if he is reelected it will be due to the fact he hung onto them and perhaps increased his numbers with them in 2020, not because republicans in general are in love with him.

In closed primary with any decent competition in 2020 he’ll have a hard time winning even in a small field.

The conditions those kids were being held in were far, far worse which is why the courts shut him down.

Oh, I’m sure you are right about that.

He has more than a "handful’ of mindless sycophantic followers Much more, sadly.

As far as Harris is concerned, I agree with you. She has been touted as a likely candidate for 2020.

Not really. Out of the sixty million or so votes he got in 2016 I doubt more than 10% would fall into that category. Those that do are utterly blind to any of his faults and are incapable of admitting he’s ever even made a mistake.

I am a D and I do not support catch and release. You can keep broad brushing all you want. Just don’t complain when it works against you.

There is no rubbing this stink off the Republicans shoulders for this. It is not happening. The policy was implemented by a Republican and had Republican support in Congress all the way until they realized they would all lose their jobs if they didn’t do something soon.

You have a point. Even among most democrats there is a desire to control immigration at least minimally.

It is the democratic leadership that seems to be all in for promoting open borders hoping to create a permanent underclass and permanent voter base of low wage, unskilled workers dependent on gov’t that will keep supporting them for generations.

I’m talking about Ds in Congress. Not necessarily all D voters, as I’m sure you aren’t the only one who disagrees with it.

But Congressional Ds sure support it. Their statements and actions prove it.

Yes, it is.

Joanne, I respect your concern for the children. I really do.

What I don’t understand is you trying to use that information to attack President Obama and use it as some sort of comparison to President Trump and the coverage HIS policy has been receiving.

The limited information at your link seems to clearly indicate there is an alleged problem with personnel in the U.S. Customs and Border Protection that has been going on for years.

Now I’m guessing that you noticed the report was concerning the treatment of unaccompanied children.

A silver lining of all of this wall to wall coverage that has been brought to bear on this due to the change in policy by the Trump admin is that these CBP employees should all be reviewed for any abuses that they have engaged in.

But make no mistake, if Trump and his admin had not begun to exert this additional outrage of the mass separation of children from their parents, there would be no wall to wall coverage now and any and all disturbed people in the CPB would still be happily abusing just the unaccompanied children and none of us would know that there was more to be upset about.

To be clear, President Obama did not order his administration to go out of their way to inflict unnecessary trauma on children and their families when they came here together the way that President Trump did.

And that is the only reason this piece of human garbage in the White House has received all of this coverage. He brought it on himself and you should not forget that.

You can’t demonstrate that being separated has created any trauma or permanent harm to any of these kids.

These are tough kids raised in tough conditions that have just finished a long, dangerous, and grueling journey to even get here and once they are in detention they are living better than any of them ever has before.

10 char

1 Like