Illegal immigration and Kids

no we don’t.

You and your ilk have been promoting just that for as long as you’ve been commenting at all on it.

Of course, you don’t want them in your country, you want them to remain in ours.

Iv never promoted open borders.
but thank for telling me what I support.

Try reading your own posts on the subject.

simply because I don’t support locking babies in cages, doesn’t mean I don’t support immigration laws.

Can’t Congress pass a law extending the time? Or do they need a circuit court to overrule?

And a reminder to libs… just 19% favor the D position of catch and release.

You’ve opposed every proposed immigration measure that would limit it and get the borders secured that we’ve ever discussed and you have commented on.

Yes, they do. It’s the position of the D party. I fully expect them to oppose any R bill.

Nope, the ruling wasn’t based on some existing law, it was argued and ruled on, on constitutional grounds.

The only way around that is to have the ruling overturned.

When did R’s push a clean bill to end this?

So according to that ruling, adults can be detained indefinitely but the kids would have to be released after 20 days? Is that right?

That’s my take on it.

The kids can only be held in DHS custody for a max of 72 hours before being turned over to HHS where the 20 rule kicks in and of course they have to be separated from their parents to do that.

Last I heard 5 different Rs were working on bills. Paul Ryan said there would be a vote I think on Friday.

In the meantime, Orrin Hatch and a bunch of Rs wrote to the DOJ asking them to put a halt to the family separations. Of course, that doesn’t matter now, because of the EO.

The dem’s have shot down every bill that’s been proposed so far except for their own bill and the dreaded “Gang of 8” amnesty bill.

Well we will see what happens next then. I don’t see a solution to this, since Ds are demanding catch and release.

But then Schumer caved on holding up the budget over Dreamers. Maybe some of those morons will realize what they want is very unpalatable to 8 out of 10 Americans.

I think the whole EO is nothing but a cowardly attempt on his part to say, “Hey I tried congress has to fix it now”.

Yes. And there goes your theory that he’s getting a pass over the way he treated immigrants doesn’t it?

If you are going to keep judging the whole Democratic party by what Chuck Schumer and Kamala Harris then stop complaining when we broadbrush the entire Republican part over the things Trump says and does. Fair?

Trump has only been a republican since declaring his run for POTUS,

Harris is a rising start in the DP, Pelosi, Ried, Schumer et all have been leading the party for decades and are it’s loudest and most respected voices.

Apples to anvils.

He got a pass on it for years.