If two white teens had killed a Pakistani immigrant would that be national news?

This is disturbing on many fronts. First the two teens were girls, which is not usually who commits these types of crimes, and they were 13 and 15 years old. For all you parents out there, is this something your kid would do?

Nevermind. My fault.

Anacostia gonna Anacostia.

Is this a serious question? Haha.

This is more of a theft gone wrong that turned into an unintentional death. I was under the impression that these children murdered the victim in an act of violence but that’s not the case. What they did was stupid and very wrong but I don’t think their intent was to murder anyone.

It would be manslaughter if they were adults.

As young as they are I think they will get a lesser charge.

Pretty sad state of society in such a popular spot by the ball park. Victim would be alive if he had wore his seatbelt should also be a factor in prosecution.

These girls need help and jail won’t give them the help they need…It will make them more callous to fellow humans.

Oh, so they don’t need to take responsibility for their actions, do they? Well, prison is so supposed to suck, not be a visit to Club Med! And so on, and so forth…

Adults do.

As minors they are not held to the same standard. They did…and did not…know what they were doing.

Their parents seem to have failed to teach them morals.

The older one’s middle school teachers failed to teach her some basic Newtonian physics as well.

Poor guy probably never knew what happened.

Maybe.

But I personally think that if some “minor” is heard bragging about how they can’t really be punished because of their age they should not only be tried as an adult but if convicted get the most severe punishment possible for the crime.

I used to joke that Club Fed was so nice because politicians believed that they or people they personally like might end up there.

They need to be kept from society. Can’t reform sociopaths.

1 Like

No argument from me.

It was a brazen attack on an immigrant no less.

1 Like

I don’t get the thread title. Names of suspects under 18 aren’t usually released.

Can’t tell if these two are white black yellow brown Cheetoh orange green or any and everything in between.