If they do it, does that mean we should?

I knew it was all really about that. We have birthright citizenship because oif the 14th amendment not because of 30 other countries

Then I suggest you write your Congress people and ask them to start the process for a Constitutional amendment. Anything short of that and you are ■■■■ out of luck

is that a trick question?

an amendment for what.

intent of post, question, who decides what is right.

answer, we have the right to disagree.

It depends on the issue, sometimes others are right, sometimes the US

the 14th amendment have never been adjudicated.

then there is no right to self determination, we simply must to what others decide.

An amendment to get rid of birthright citizenship since that’s what you’re talking about and an amendment is the only way to accomplish it

I didnt say that. We can take a look at others and sometimes agree with them. That doesnt negate right of self determination. Do you think we have to disagree with everyone else on every issue, or that we shouldnt look to others for examples on issues that plague us?

This isn’t about conscription. Who do you think you’re kidding.

Yes it has.

3 Likes

“To raise and support Armies, but no Appropriation of Money to that Use shall be for a
longer Term than two Years.”

To raise => increase the amount, level, or strength of.

This does not disallow conscription. Am I missing something?

Oops
14th CHAR

I don’t know. Should we?

I am talking about saying other countries do something does not mean we should do it.

so other countries conscript, should we?

I do not think America that was born for liberty should look to other countries for guidance. I think other countries should look to us. But then because others do it has taken over our politics we are no longer a beacon to the world.

I’ve already said no. What is your point? It can’t be birthright citizenship because what other countries do or don’t do has nothing to do why we have it in the United States

“All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof …”

People here illegally are not “subject to the jurisdiction thereof”. (In my opinion.)

Looks like Lindsey Graham is going to start that process.

We certainly should clarify what that phrase means, at a minimum.

Why shouldnt we look to others for guidance? The US since its inception has been made up of peoples from all over the world. Like the mutts we are, I have no problem looking around the world, taking ideas that work, and discarding those that dont.

subtleties, they were domiciled residents not undocumented, the case has not been heard.