If only Trump had followed Taiwan's lead in effective COVID response

Please. Do tell.

shut down European travel.

Supported mask usage when the guidance changed.

Not shipped out defective test kits.

Supported test and tracing programs.

1 Like

The best thing he could have done was to stop downplaying COVID.

He would have won re-election in a walk had he simply done that.

3 Likes

Yes, I suspect the answer about Taiwan’s incredible COVID outcome is more about what scientists in Wuhan did than what the government of Taiwan did.

Of course any questions along these lines have been strictly forbidden in western media, but it looks like the politics are starting to change.

Shouldn’t have had those big super-spreader rallies like the one that killed Herman Caine.

I agree.

And from a purely political POV, it’s pretty incredible he didn’t see the potential there. I mean, here is a guy who sees the value of creating a ■■■■■■■■ lie based crisis, so he can rally the troops and capitalize on it.

If Covid he had an honest to god, packaged and ready crisis. Why he didn’t just seize the day…

I think the answer is, he has. lizard brain. and once he locked in on the economy as his ticket to re-election, he lacked the mental capacity to change gears.

2 Likes

huh? you reckon the Wuhan lab carefully crafted a virus that wouldn’t infect China’s age old thorn whom they wish to annex

That would have been helpful.

Taiwan is not alone in extremely low COVID death rates for the first year of the pandemic without long-term lockdowns found in the west. The same is true for Vietnam, South Korea, Japan, and other East-Asian neighbors of China.

The question is how did a virus originate in East Asia when East-Asian populations appear to have herd immunity from before the virus even appeared?

Meanwhile the rest of the world is seeing millions of deaths. How is that possible?

1 Like

There is zero evidence of this coming from animals. The first people infected worked in the lab. Plus China is engaged in full cover up mode with the help of Fauci and the WHO.

This was biological warfare.

They don’t have herd immunity.

They wore masks, tested and traced, and socially distanced. they also had mandatory quarantines.

And many of them are expereincing surges in cases lately indicating they are not immune.

Well, there is no evidence for that yet either, but it certainly is possible.

But how (and why) would they engineer it so that Taiwan was immune from it?

No. The question is whether it was engineered to so that China had herd immunity from day one.

Practical ways of doing that would almost certainly give Taiwan and other neighbors herd immunity as well.

China suffered tremendously from Covid, so on what is this theory based?

China suffered almost nothing in comparison to western countries.

For example, here are the figures for the US versus China:

China: 4,636 deaths
US: 619,438 deaths

The assumption in the US is that China has been lying about its COVID deaths. My observation is that the number of deaths in China is consistent with death rates in immediate neighbors of China. I see no reason that the numbers are grossly off.

Every nation knows that they will lose some of their own people in order to win a war against a major opponent.

1 Like

There are theories that the Asiatic population has a greater natural immunity.

Makes sense looking at some of this data.

An earlier thread discussed one possible way East Asian populations could be protected from COVID.
Does one graph explain the huge variations in COVID death rates for different parts of the world? - Outside The Beltway - Hannity Community

Of course, the question is how a naturally occurring virus could possibly jump from some unknown bat cave to infect humans if the local human population already had herd immunity?

Even if you assume a lab origin, the apparent pre-existing herd immunity in East Asia means that a small accidental lab leak should have just died out on it own before it became a pandemic.

Not if it stayed active while being carried in asymptomatic hosts.

This bolsters the lab leak theory and explains the CCP response better.

Does Taiwan have a propagandized and partisan media like America?

My guess…the Chinese army coming in and bringing COVID with them.