If I owned a musket

Aside from Atari and a half-year playing Adventure and Asteroids constantly, our first computer was a TI99-4A, and our first game was Hunt the Wumpus. I believe that we had to load the game via a cassette tape, but it has been a while.

The period after Atari died–the horrible ET and Pac Man games did the company in, I believe–was really hard, because for years nothing filled the gap.

You know. If that was my first experience with video games, I might be turned off to them too.

I will purchase games that use more primitive graphics on occasion. I really wanted to get into Caves of Qud, for example, because it reminded me of when I used to play Angband. But the graphics in those Atari games are beyond anything a good storyline would sell me today.

SNL Transcripts: Lord Douchebag - SNL Transcripts Tonight

Thanks, friend.

My only defense is I didn’t know any better. The hero in Adventure is literally a square dot. But of course I’ll never go back.

I appreciate the people who paved the way to what we have today, and to the people who supported them by playing that stuff.

Listening to the soundtrack to Life is Strange. This is part of what made me love the game before I got into the story.

1 Like

I’ve seen it advertised. Now that I check, episode 1 is now free.

To be honest. It kind of took me 3 episodes before I was hooked. The music is what kept me going, and the reviews that said how good it was. I don’t know how much harder it would be for you, considering the protagonist is an 18 yr old girl.

If they were flagged, it wasn’t for approval. :wink:

I played a game with a young female protagonist called Gone Home a couple years ago. I enjoyed it.

Oh, a few other games that I have liked.

This War of Mine–people living in a house in the aftermath of a civil war in a dangerous city. Pretty dark situation. The choices your characters make can help others survive, or can lead some of your characters as far as suicide or just wandering off out of the game. Thoroughly engrossing and nerve-wracking.

Papers, Please–oddly funny game playing a guard who checks passports of people trying to get into a country like Kyrgyzstan.

Limbo–wonderful, artistic game about a boy crossing a haunting landscape in search of his sister.

All pretty cheap, I think. Limbo is one of my all-time favorites.

English is my second language. I don’t have a first language.

Apparently there’s a spam feature that picks up single words or strings of words. I have no idea how it works, because certain strings of words require moderator approval sometimes, but not later. I’ve tested this by making posts using 2 non-filtered words in a post and post would still require moderator approval. I’ve been told that the frequency in which the user is posting might affect this moderator approval feature, but apparently it still is keyed to certain words at certain times.

You might want to edit that. Supposedly, the rules of the old board are in effect here and those rules said to type out the word and let the filter do its job. Typing asterisks in place of ■■■■■■■■■ is considered to be circumventing the filter under those old rules.

Yeah, I know. I was just giving Kyshia ■■■■■ A few days ago I used the colloquialism for a nocturnal emission and it was held up for moderator approval (who disapproved it.) :wink:

Bought that. Haven’t really tried to get into it yet. Reviews made me want to buy it, and hesitant to try it.

I heard it was good. I wasn’t sure if I would like.

I thought I played this, but it’s not in my steam library. I used to pirate a lot of stuff, so it’s possible… Either way I’ll put it on my wishlist so I can buy it on the cheap and relieve my conscious.

Only problem with Limbo is that it is so short, so maybe not worth ten bucks to most folks, but it was worth it to me.

Apparently I spent 2000+ hours playing League of Legends. Not bad for a free game.

Maybe another 8000 hours and I’d be good.

My top five with associated hours played:

Age of Empires–857
The Binding of Isaac–465
Plants vs. Zombies–446
Stardew Valley–279
Faster Than Light–252

I guess I have a lot of spare time, too.

No significant other or children does that for me. I actually enjoy the loneliness of Fallout.3 and Vegas were played on the 360, so luckily I have no idea how many hours I sunk into those, except that apparently I purchased Vegas a second time for my pc for some reason.

Sometimes I want to slap myself at how much I’ve spent on games over the years. Except I probably would have spent money on something else. This is cheaper than a relationship.