If I owned a musket

What are the odds that it is buggy software? Is software the right word? Anyway, it feels arbitrary.

I donā€™t know. I really donā€™t. I donā€™t like it at all. Sex pests.

1 Like

Iā€™ll be downloading that one tonight. Thanks for the recommendation. I used to like those books, despite how limited and arbitrary they were, whenever I wasnā€™t reading Encyclopedia Brown or Alfred Hitchcock and the Three Investigators. But I think both of those series are long gone.

XCOM is a turn-based strategy game in which youā€™ve got to stop alien dominationā€“the outer space variety, not Latinos or Muslims. I like that genre because it allows for breaks. Maybe the best turn-based strategy game Iā€™ve ever played is Faster Than Lightā€“save the world in your spaceship with your ragtag crewā€“but it can be frustrating until you crest the learning curve.

Huh. I donā€™t know what I said then. I also jokingly mentioned that XCOM was about preventing alien dominationā€“the outer space variety, not Latinos or Muslims.

The delay in those posts makes me look a little hysterical.

Well, you sold it. Or, steam did. I might never play it, but Iā€™m going own it. This is basically how my steam library got to be where it is.

I reinstalled it just now. Maybe Iā€™ll watch a youtube video on how to not failā€¦ I need to do that for a few games actually. Steam sales are hard to resist. I probably donā€™t need to buy anything else ever again and still not run out of new content.

Pfft. My League of Legends account has every character, and I donā€™t play that anymore. I finally got myself to give that one up.

Yes, I have too many games, many of which Iā€™ve never played.

As for FTL, I would upgrade shields first, by the end of the first level.

I must use the space bar to pause the game literally hundreds of times.

Also, getting lots of lasersā€“if you can, and it isnā€™t always possibleā€“is also very helpful. Then you donā€™t run into the danger of running out of missiles, which can be a real bummer.

Later on, cloaking and teleporting are good upgrades too. If you get the lizard dudes who fight well on your crew, or else the big rock dudes with high hit points, you can teleport them over to the other ship and knock out their crew, and then you get more scrap for that.

But after all of this time, my success rate hovers somewhere around five percent.

I will give that a shot. Not tonight. Maybe never. But I will definitely give that a shot soon.

Have you tried Rimworld? I was going to write how many hours I have in that game, but no Iā€™m not.

It is on my wishlist. I am downloading your Omen game now.

Yeah. Iā€™m downloading XCOM 2 now.

That might take a while.

4 hours as long as I throttle download speeds to 1.5 MB/s. I could probably make it go faster, as Iā€™m not streaming anything right now, but thereā€™s really no point considering I donā€™t plan to play the game soon. I should really be working through Mad Max or Witcher 3. I just upgraded my version of Mark of the Ninja to the Remastered version (I never did more than a hour of the original version). Iā€™m afraid of going back to Cultist Simulator, considering how hard it gripped me the first time I picked it up. That card game drove me insane. And many other games that I have installed, but yeah.

One of the unexpected discoveries that Iā€™ve made in online forums across the Internet and recently in the real world is that many conservatives strongly dislike neck beards and video games.

I thought neck beards were universally disliked.

Video games though? Conservatives are against those? Link?

Iā€™ve played none of those. Iā€™m going to bookmark this thread and update my wishlist. Considering that I still play Age of Empires semi-regularly, Iā€™m probably overdue for a change that shouldā€™ve happened years ago.

Yes, I guess neckbeards are universally disliked, but I rarely hear liberals talking about it.

I donā€™t have links, but I will watch out for it here. There are a few on this board who gripe about it.

Some guy with Dude in his name appears to hate both venomously.

Maybe itā€™s about the older generations, most of whom are conservative.

My mother is a big-time gamer, though. Maybe I donā€™t know what Iā€™m talking about.

So I take it we still cannot discuss my all time favorite SNL skit set at a post 18th century party where Garret Morris announces Buck Henry as Lord *********?

Maybe youā€™ll like this:

SOMA, Quern - Undying Thoughts, Oxenfree and What Remains of Edith Finch were also good. I just finished Life is Strange, which although it took me awhile to get into, the story really hooked me eventually and I was close to tears during the final choice.

Meh. Old people donā€™t like video games. They donā€™t get them. Me? My first video game system was a NES, and I my first computer was a 386 with 4 mb of hard drive space.

Dang. If you let the filter catch it other people can know what you meant by directly quoting you. Sadly it was before my time.