If I owned a musket

When we finally get around to correcting our gun laws and introduce muskets, 20 Seconds of Terror sounds like a great slogan for the first musket commercials.

Which is why each musket came equipped with a long bayonet. :wink:

1 Like

What do you mean “introduce muskets”? There are thousands of them in the hands of the people.

And I don’t know what you mean by “correcting our gun laws” either … the Constitution says “arms” not “muskets.”

Yeah, I have not tried a three shot repetitive shoot and reload with the crossbow yet. I may report back on that later.

I think that old 20 sec metric is Civil War old. With modern pelletized powders, sabot slugs, and using shotgun primers with a modern action I will bet that could be improved upon.

I have a musket with a crossbow attached to the top of it. I call it Whammy Kablammy.

If I owned a musket I name it Mr. Usket.

1 Like

You are right. The 20 second metric was the pride of the British Army when their standard issue weapon was a flint lock “Brown Bess.” Even the “cap and ball” musket was easier and faster to reload. However, even today, it still takes a lot of practice to reach that proficiency with a muzzle loader.

If the England had won, which would have been the morally correct outcome, we’d all be speaking British.

Mr. Usket, Whammy Kablammy. Kablammy, Usket.

If we were required to speak British, we’d have never elected Trump.

The whole idea gives me the willies.

You better ask your wife if all the willies I give you are ok with her.

1 Like

It’s a much more modern system but I was very impressed reading about the British “Mad Minute” with the SMLE.

After years of imaginary training, I can hold off an imaginary small native tribe with my musket/crossbow hybrid.

I just fired my musket. The neighbors called the cops. I am hiding in the woods until they leave.

I have just slain a native crossing onto my land with my musket. Castle Doctrine for the win.

Then I took my mail from the criminal’s cold, dead hand.

Wait, that makes me a Good Guy with a Gun. I didn’t think it would be so easy to become a good guy. Thanks, musket.

Actually, carts firing many muskets at once in a planned spread were a thing back in the day.

My team got beat yesterday but I had my musket with me in my seat. Used the cup holder as a musket rest. None of the rival fans ■■■■■■ with me.

1 Like

You folks’ humor reminds me of Sideshow Bob and his 50s motif for a nuclear attack.