If God loves us unconditionally, why does he kill us instead of curing us?

Because Calvinism is the closest reflection as to what the Bible actually says as well as the closest to providing a logical framework that is internally consistent.

Heh, I have for almost 30 years.

What if someone on the New Earth wants to be God and others like what they have to say?

Actually, this was my attempt at a simpler understanding… Basically, we got what we asked for.

Well, if you say so.

What does it matter, you don’t wish to be there. But, as an answer. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Then you shouldn’t have to read the Bible unless the experiences of others, from their perspectives, interest you.

I don’t think so.

Remember, we had nothing to do with the Fall.

Adam and Eve “fell,” and instead of wiping out their now knowledgeable and thus sin-natured selves, God let them live and cursed the entire species of humans because of what they did. Or rather, what they were tricked into doing by God’s emissary, the snake.

Then, God repents he’s made man, and destroys him, which would have wiped out sin-natured man and let God start again, hopefully to make creates less naive than Adam and Eve.

But, no. He wipes out everyone except Noah and Noah’s family - so humans are still cursed - but they’re still cooperative enough to start building the Tower of Babel together.

It was only when God saw how much power united humans could have that he separated them all, and confounded their language, and thus let other gods be developed - in essence abandoning the people he’d created and concentrating on just one pocket, Jacob’s descendents the Israelis who never seemed to want to be God’s chosen people in the first place.

So it seems rather evident that God got what He asked for, and humans have been suffering ever since.

1 Like

No, it is not.

So much ignorance jam packed into such a small amount of words! It’s almost as if you have no understanding of the Bible right from the book of Genesis. Oh wait, you don’t… you’re only wrong on a few things:
Who was tricked…
What God cursed…
God’s emmisary…
Why God destroyed humanity
Why God saved Noah and his family
Why God destroyed Babel…
Why the Jews were chosen…

Other than these things, you’re spot on!

You are asking man a question that he cannot answer. God doesn’t give us the answer to every mystery. The best you can do is to pray and hope for some enlightenment. You may get it. But probably not.

Of course I want to be on the New Earth—no suffering, no tears, no death. That sounds awesome!

Why won’t it happen?

Please explain exactly what I got wrong about each of these that you list.

Put aside your preconceived ideas and what you’ve been fed, open up a King James Bible and start in Genesis 1:1. Your inaccuracies are not hard to find. I’ll give you one of them Genesis 3:17

How do you think people get there?

God wills it to be.

Why don’t you think there’s a chance people rebel on the New Earth?

Actually I have been reading the KJV. Started a year ago…got as far as Samuel and then stuff intervened. Got back to it last week, started at the beginning and have reached Samuel again.

So I am very familiar with the KJV up to the end of Samuel 2 and I stand by everything I said. I wish you’d just address what I said point by point instead of referring to Bible passages for me to just read again.

For example, where is my misconception about Genesis 3:17?
It’s in the public domain, so I share it here:

17 And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Is God, or is God not, cursing ALL of Adam and Eve’s descendants - none of whom had anything to do with Adam and Eve eating from that tree?

When God warns Adam and Eve not to eat of the fruit of the tree of Good and Evil, he states:

(Again, Public domain so sharable here)

And the Lord God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Where in the above sentences does God say, "If you eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, I will curse all of your children for ever after to “eat in sorrow,” etc.?

He specifically tells Adam and Eve they will die. If you take the Bible literally, that’s what they should do, fall down dead. But instead God apparently means that they won’t die right away, but rather be cursed, and give birth to cursed children, and then die.

Then there’s God hardening Pharoah’s heart, nine times, so he can show off his power to prove to the Israelis how powerful he is.

in the KJV it doesn’t say specifically that he does it 9 times, but it does say he does it 4 or 5 times, and I think it’s safe to assume he did it the other 5 or 4 times as well.

Am I wrong about God telling the Israelis to “spoil” the Egyptians before they leave?

You post it, yet you miss it. God did not curse man, He cursed the ground. This idea of an unforgiving God, who cursed all of mankind right from the very beginning gives you a complete misconception of God s character all through the rest of the Bible.

Eve was deceived by Satan, Adam was not. This sets the framework for the roles man and wife fulfill in a marriage and why.

Eating of the tree demonstrates what sin does, it separates people from God. Eden was the last time man stood face to face with God. This is stated directly in Isaiah 59:2…

I’ve stated many times, people object to the idea that there is a price on sin. Every false religion, and this includes secularism, tries to get around this truth. This is Satan’s only lie, given to Eve right at the beginning that “you won’t surely die.” The Bible doesn’t say WHY this is true, only that it is. Until you accept this, your not going to understand the Bible as a whole…

No…people object to the idea that two people did something long go, and the “punishment” for their actions were passed down to us even though we had nothing to do with it.

Now comes the “you’re not punished for their acts, you’re punished for your own” or some such nonsense.

1 Like

And you’re not one of the chosen?

It sucks to be you. Might as well eat, drink and be as Merry as you can here then. Good luck.