If Global Warming Is Real, Then Why......?

Perhaps you missed the ozone layer context.

Sure. :wink:

I agree to the cause of the ozone hole shrinkage. This was exacerbated recently by the oddly high temperature in the Antarctic stratosphere.

So it is related to temperature, so it is a good thing you edited.

Westaussie’s posts above are proof enough.

Does this look like I missed the ozone layer context?

And the answer is yes.

Wrong. The ozone hole is unrelated to global warming.

You do not have the expertise do make such a pronouncement. Therefore, I will take that as your opinion and weight it as such.

1 Like

No it isn’t.

https://www.accuweather.com/en/aq/mcmurdo-station/2273718/current-weather/2273718

By all means then explain the relationship between “Global Warming” and the size of the Ozone Hole.

You should read the rest of the thread. You’re right and wrong.

No, I’m not wrong at all. It isn’t “very warm” in Antarctica.

Everything is relative. We were talking about the ozone layer, not surface temps.

Can you show that it’s abnormally warm in the upper atmosphere above Antarctica currently?

This just confirms more of what we already knew.

That in the 70’s and 80’s the petroleum industry knew that extracting and burning carbon that was sequestered in the ground would contribute to global climate change and then they launched a PR campaign to deny these findings.

That sounds eerily similar to the tobacco industry.

1 Like

They both did hire the Heartland institute to run disinformation.

Take it up with NASA.

“It’s great news for ozone in the Southern Hemisphere,” said Paul Newman, chief scientist for Earth Sciences at NASA’s Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland. “But it’s important to recognize that what we’re seeing this year is due to warmer stratospheric temperatures.”

You don’t have the expertise to tell me that I am wrong.

What’s the deal anyway? Why are you arguing with the guy that said that the smaller ozone hole sheds doubt on global warming? That sounds like denier talk to me.

I will rely on qualified climate scientists to inform my view of the need for action on climate change rather than your opinion.

1 Like

Exactly how much has the stratosphere warmed and over what period of time?