If blame is to be assigned for the Jan. 6th protest, our S.C. should be at the top of the list!

When our Supreme Court refused to give the Texas BILL OF COMPLAINT an evidentiary hearing ___ a complaint which listed and detailed illegal election activities in four States ___ it effectively rejected that State’s right, and the people of the United States right, to a redress of grievances guaranteed by our Constitution.

Keep in mind the Supreme Court has original jurisdiction in this matter, and refusing to take up the case, and at the very least hear and rule on the arguments, our Supreme Court left 18 States, and 75 million citizens of the United States, with no one left to adjudicate the numerous election violations listed in the Bill of Complaint, and thus, were denied a fundamental right to a redress of grievances.

I sincerely suspect had the Supreme Court did its job, and hear the Texas case and ruled upon its particulars, the vast majority of Trump’s 75 million voters would have accepted the court’s ruling and moved on.

Where, I ask, are the people to go, when the Supreme Court’s door is slammed in their face?

I think it’s time to at least put some blame, if not most of the blame, on the Supreme Court of the United States which I believe neglected its duty in a time of great need.

JWK

When our federal judicial system ignores our written Constitution and assents to legislative acts contrary to our supreme law of the land, it not only opens the door to anarchy, but participates in such treachery.

3 Likes

Naw friend. Trump trying to overturn an election based on a bunch of lies still tops the list. The SCOTUS did the right thing.

11 Likes

Excuse me, but the State of Texas and 17 other states, and 76 million citizens of the United States of America, are simply trying to get their day in court and have a redress of grievances addressed.

Unfortunately, if appears that Justice Roberts has joined the cancel culture and told these states and 76 million citizens of the United States to go pound sand.

JWK

When our federal judicial system ignores our written Constitution and assents to legislative acts contrary to our supreme law of the land, it not only opens the door to anarchy, but participates in such treachery.

1 Like

306 electoral votes told the 74,222,965 to go pound sand.

Not the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.

Just like in 2016 when the evs told clinton supporters,to pound sand.

That’s just the way it crumbles, cookie wise.

Allan

2 Likes

The truth is, Roberts refused to hear the Texas lawsuit joined in by 17 other states, and refused to hear the grievances of 76 million American Citizens.

Now tell me, was MLK not correct in saying the following:

Indeed, MLK was spot on when he said . . . "A riot is the language of the unheard". – MLK

JWK

See How the Supreme Court Caused the Riot at the Capitol

January 11, 2021

"The Court’s stated reason for turning down the case brought by Texas against Pennsylvania and other swing states was its ruling that one state has no “judicially cognizable interest in the manner in which another state conducts its elections.” That should go down in history as one of the dumbest things the Court ever said, right up there with “separate but equal” as a justification for racial segregation or “three generations of imbeciles is enough” as a justification for mandatory sterilization.

“The question was not how Pennsylvania conducted “its” election, as the Court wrongly characterized the issue. The allegations went to the constitutional legitimacy of election procedures in a presidential election in which voters in both Texas and Pennsylvania participated. If one state may illegally manipulate votes in a presidential election, the influence of all the other states that do play by the rules is undermined. The Court was essentially saying that one team has no interest in whether the other team is cheating.”

Indeed! When Justice Roberts refused to hear the Texas lawsuit joined in by 17 other states, and refused to hear the grievances of 76 million American Citizens, he opened the door to predictable outrage and frustration!

JWK

MLK was spot on when he said . . . "A riot is the language of the unheard".

I don’t get this rationale - blame should be on those who entered the Capitol building. John Roberts didn’t compel those people to smear feces and take selfies at Pelosi’s desk. If we can condemn BLM riots, we can condemn this.

The Supreme Court disagrees with you and the election has been credited by congress. It’s over.

Jurisdiction is only one requirement for a case or controversy to be heard under the Constitution. Standing is as important, if not more so.

There is no doubt that Texas lacks standing to enforce Pennsylvania’s election laws. The Court (unanimously) ruled correctly.

1 Like

As a resident of GA, I would like to offer my thanks to the SC for doing their hub. TX has no business trying to interfere with our elections. The constitution leaves the method of elections up to each individual state. TX can buzz off.

1 Like

“Don’t mess with…” goes both ways.

2 Likes

And Georgia did a better job of administrating the election than did Texas.

1 Like

States don’t get to tell other States how to run their elections.

2 Likes

Can you just admit that there was no fraud? Yesterday 60 minutes, the election officials in GA(Republicans by the way) disprove everything Trump and Giuliani said. I mean come on. Drop it already. You been played. You been conned. See it and learn from it.

1 Like

I thought it was Antifa plants? Now its the Supreme Court…What happened to the party of personal responsibility?

Well there was one BLM plant. Statistically there were probably more.

No, it wasn’t all or even mostly their fault though. There are plenty of idiots on all sides of politics.

All those who broke the law as you describe above, ought to be punished. Having said that, I sincerely suspect that had Justice Roberts done his job, and heard the Texas case and ruled upon its particulars, and constructed an appropriate remedy, the vast majority of Trump’s 75 million voters would have accepted the court’s ruling and moved on, and today’s dangerous political environment may very well have been side-stepped.

JWK

MLK was spot on when he said . . . “A riot is the language of the unheard”.

there was a riot in Boston once…

I sincerely suspect if the SC heard the case and found no foul play that Trump and his followers would still claim shenanigans and storm the Capital. We’re dealing with people here who, when presented with information contrary to their beliefs, almost always assume its a conspiracy theory.

1 Like

a minority of states and a minority of votes.

they can go pound sand