If Biden is inaugurated on January 20, should impeachment hearings start on January 21?

A business associate of Hunter Biden has just released his emails that detail of payments for access of Chinese Communist Party officials to Vice President Biden through Hunter Biden. The story of paying for access sounds very much like that from emails from the Delaware laptop:

Emails from the Delaware laptop continue to be released. Here is a description of what Burisma executives expected from their payments to Hunter Biden:
“The scope of work should also include organization of a visit of a number of widely recognized and influential current and/or former US policy-makers to Ukraine in November,” wrote Pozharskyi, adding that the goal was to "bring positive signal/message and support on Nikolay’s issue to the Ukrainian top officials above with the ultimate purpose to close down for any cases/pursuits against Nikolay in Ukraine. "

Meanwhile, there is this text message from the laptop:

“It’s really hard. But don’t worry unlike Pop, I won’t make you give me half your salary.”

“Pop” is Hunter’s name for his dad, Joe Biden.

The Constitution is clear that bribery is one of the impeachable offenses:
“The President, Vice President and all civil Officers of the United States, shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other high Crimes and Misdemeanors.”

Democrats claimed proof of a criminal offense beyond all reasonable doubt is unnecessary for impeachment, and Pelosi was clear that threats to withhold payments based on political considerations amounted to a bribe:
“The bribe is to grant or withhold military assistance in return for a public statement of a fake investigation into the elections,” Pelosi said. “That’s bribery.”

Clearly further investigation is necessary to confirm the validity of the contents of the emails. Should the House start formal investigations if Biden is elected?

If there is good evidence the Joe Biden received a share of the payments to Hunter Biden to prevent Burisma executives, does that constitute an impeachable offense?

For background, here is Joe Biden bragging about using threats of withholding US assistance to get a Ukrainian prosecutor fired:

“I don’t care what he did before he was POTUS” :wink:

Seriously though, no they should not but doubtless some politicians will engage in that political kabuki to goose their base.

I doubt that Pelosi would investigate. Joe Biden will be free to continue to get bribes through Hunter.

Of course all bets are off if the House flips to Republican.

Even if the Democrats control both houses and shoot down any attempt at it, I’ve no doubt some GOP congressperson will want to goose his base (and put his name on the map) by bringing it up.

I’m definitely not voting for Hunter Biden

6 Likes

He has as much of a chance of being impeached with a Democrat house as Trump did with a Republican house.

I see you’re using the always reliable zero hedge for your information again. Some people never learn.

2 Likes

I’m sure that everyone who works for the far-right wing hack publications are doing some serious overtime trying to see what sticks to the wall.

Please post a link if you think you have a better source.

At this point, I would not trust any source that has not been banned by Twitter at least once. Twitter bans have become a badge of honor.

1 Like

QAnon posts are banned, are they not? Do Q posts have a badger of honor in your mind?

A Twitter ban is not the only criteria.

Zerohedge ran images from Chinese social media showing people collapsing in the streets of Wuhan and the dead piling up in crematoriums while American mainstream media was saying the flu was a far bigger worry and the coronavirus was just a distraction from impeachment. Zerohedge also published evidence that the virus may have originated from a Wuhan biolab.

Zerohedge was speaking truth to power, and Twitter eventually reinstated them. They have much more credibility in my book that the talking heads of the mainstream media.

Won’t need too. :wink:

Yes, four more years!

1 Like

Zerohedge didn’t break the stories that China was lying…they simply aggregated social media feeds.

Didn’t zero hedge like in March or early April run articles from people who were saying that Covid is no big deal?

Not at all likely. The play will be Nancy and Kamala pulling the rug out from under Joe with the 25th.

1 Like

Must be money laundering charges in here somewhere !

Only if the GOP takes the House. Otherwise, Dems will just dismiss it with a handwave.

I would rather not to ever go through that again. Three years of Russia and being married to a Ukrainian it’s just to much for me.

I don’t know about impeachment, but precedent states that before Biden takes office an investigation should be started. If Biden did nothing he should welcome the investigation. Any attempt to end that investigation should be considered impeachable. Perhaps a special investigator should be appointed by Barr, with a staff of 16 experts and millions in funding.