Idlib Offensive and General Syria Thread

Once again try and learn about things first. ISIL was falling back on every front when Obama left. SDF five kilometers from Raqqa and half of Mosul already taken by the Iraqis. And if you think ISIL is destroyed I suggest traveling to Hajin and strolling down the Euphrates. SDF and our guys have been trying to take it since January. But youre not interested in learning about any of this.

They were just misunderstood and need jobs… That’s what Obama thought… He always let them escape.

Just don’t comment if you don’t know anything about the topic. Have you even heard of Hajin? Well the current attempt to take it is nine months old.

And like I said, Assad and Russia and Iran are sure quaking in their boots, aren’t they?

I remember well, and same to ya!..

Oh you heard about it from me in a previous thread?

Did you want us to send troops to stop them or something? What’s your point? If they use chem weapons, I’m sure Trump will bomb them again… Unlike ol’flexible…

I think my point is obvious.

Trump’s bombing accomplished nothing.

It stopped them from using chem weapons… That was the goal. It worked.

Perhaps you need to speak to the UN if you want troops to invade…

So Trumps bombing stopped them from using chemical weapons. Till they used them again. And then Trumps bombing stopped them from using chemical weapons. Till now theyre getting ready to use them again according to our own government. Are you getting the flaw in your logic?

No… I’m fine with bombing them as often as needed.

What do you want to do? Logically, lol… ( I will get no response on the question)

We hit them with a meaningful strike if they use chemical weapons again. Last two were pretty insignificant and clearly had no effect. Trump isn’t quite the badass you want him to be. What would have been a good response also would be arming our VSO groups to fight Assad. But Trump cut them off and theyre all gone. We can go full throttle with our support of SDF, but that doesn’t help Idlib.

Kind of thew way Ollie North fought the commies, lol! (Couldn’t help it)

I’m all for a larger strike, if they do it again. “If” being the operative word. As they have not reused them. So, as far as we know right now, they were effective.

They may not use them. But it’s blatantly obvious that the first strike didn’t work because they did it again. You can see that right? Not getting why you threw in North?

And I read that wrong. Sure, like North but legal. I’m perfectly fine with supporting rebels. The cIA TOW program worked great.

North was a…Joke

Perhaps that’s why Trump added killing Russian mercenaries in the last bombing. We’ll just have to wait and see, if they use them again.

I find it odd the left wants to have a covert war against Assad. They hated that stuff during the cold war.

Trump has abdicated all responsibility for the armed forces. This was made apparent to the general staff in early 2017.

We could go in with a virtually identical justification for going into Libya. I’m not saying we will or should, but the buildup of forces and the rhetoric coming from Assad parallels Gaddafi’s tanks rolling across the desert. The obvious complication is both Russia and Turkey. The problem is that there’s no intermediate step we could do that wouldn’t be instantly violated by Russia. No fly zone, humanitarian stations, diplomatic overtures to HTS, all of these things would require Russian acquiescence and I just don’t see that happening. I don’t even know how to arm chair general this one.

They’re threatening to use them right now.

Just like they used them again after the first time we bombed them.

What would Obama do?