I was never a fan of that war

Neither are acceptable, I am not the one making excuses.

I’m simply stating the facts. I honestly couldn’t care less about either of them. I just find the hypocrisy to be hilarious.

I blame it on TDS.

You would blame traffic on TDS. It’s all about you.

The obsession with everything Trump is more than likely caused by TDS.

This is a classic example. Trump is a terrible person because he was able to avoid the draft due to supposed bone spurs. Yet nary a peep for Clinton’s felonious draft avoidance; a much worse offense.

Trump; Trump; Trump. You guys are obsessed; frothing at the mouth obsessed.

1 Like

Trump’s actions or lack thereof should be viewed in and of itself. Your attempt to rationalise Trump’s behaviour with respect to the Vietnam War show just how debased you think Trump’s actions were.

Well, thank you for your and your family’s service. A lot of people weren’t fans of the Vietnam war, kind of a silly way to put it.

A lot of people did everything they could legally (and in many cases illegally) do to stay out of it. Almost 70% of those who did go were volunteers, of course there’s no way a draftee could have known that.

I would imagine you learned in your short time there it isn’t for everybody. I feel confident in saying President Trump was not missed.

1 Like

I’m not attempting to rationalize anything. I lived through that era and was subject to the draft lottery myself.

As I’ve stated previously, I don’t give a hoot about either of their draft dodging antics. I’m simply pointing out the gross hypocrisy and obsession with anything and everything having to do with Trump.

Thank you for your service. I was in the Airforce during the Vietnam war, but never had to go to there.

Trump is an embarrassment to your country. His boorish behavior and his ignorance are clearly and unequivocally an embarrassment to the USA. His appalling lack of knowledge is there for all to see. He clearly doesn’t understand that Ireland is not part of the UK. He clearly doesn’t understand that Ireland is part of the EU.

In his last visit to Scotland he thought they were in favour of leaving the EU when they voted to remain.

Quite a few new TDS threads just today.

This is one of them.

2 Likes

Thank you for your concern. We’ll take it under advisement.

1 Like

Speaking of obsession about everything Trump, I offer your words of wisdom. You’ve recited your Trump hating rhetoric well! Great job! :clap:

Count yourself a better man than Bone Spurs.

What war did you serve in?

Quite remarkable. I suppose there comes a time when even the most strident acolyte of Trump cannot defend the indefensible. So the alternative is to try to write off the very justifiable criticisms of Trump’s behaviour is to attack the messenger.

Here’s a thought: remove the blinkers and look at Trump’s behaviour.

If Trump is so great, why in his recent visit to the UK were there no public appearances for the adoring masses to show their appreciation of Trump? Why didn’t Trump make himself available for multiple media interviews? Why did Trump not stay at Buckingham Palace like previous US Presidents?

Sure they did talk radio and Republicans made a big deal about until the current president when it was inconvenient much fidelity in marriage or the debt .

Really?

Hey I was deployed with the Airforce to Alice Springs in the 70’s.

And your point is?

I liked the part when Trump claimed that no one knew where the war was. NBC posted a poll that was done at the time of his dodge. Vietnam was ar the top of the list of issues of concern to Americans.