I need a block the user function

Don’t read their posts. It really is that simple.

Do you want a Rightist echo chamber? Seriously, that seems to me to be what you are hoping for here.

Why not just ignore the posters you don’t want to read.

:deer::deer::deer:

The only reason I even asked this is that a particular poster was being very cruel and insensitive to the fact that I had just posted that I found out my dad was dying. His immediate response was to ask me to ensure that he got an absentee ballot and voted for the midterm elections. It was desperately important that I made sure he did this. This trumpian was so bent on me getting my dad to vote for republicans that this is all he could post. He had a matter of days not weeks or months. I wanted to be able to ignore this idiot because if I did not figure out some way to ignore him I was going to get banned myself. I…Normally can ignore people like everyone else. This was a different story.

Just wanted everyone to know this went beyond politics. It was cruel, disrespectful and very hurtful. We have always had an unspoken rule in this forum…for the 15 years I was here that when a poster let you know there was something personal going on…you offered your sympathy and support, you put politics aside, and you offered whatever you could, prayers, support whatever. I responded to a post about Trump behaving the way he does because it is generational behavior, and all men of that era do so. My dad was not that way. I responded emotionally at first, then got attacked, apologized for being emotional and let the poster know I just found out he was dying. And then got…make sure he votes.

Thank you to the Moderator who took care of this person and deleted the hurtful posts…mine and the poster’s. It makes me feel good that these posts are not out there in perpetuity now that my dad has passed.

I have been around long enough to remember how we treat each other…and that in times of need this boards members came together to support others. Apparently that wasn’t apparent to this person. Please just let the comments go in this case. I’d like this post to just fade away.

Glad the moderators took care of it. If someone is harassing you or not respecting your wishes regarding personal matters, they dont belong and shouldnt be ignored, but rather, “handled”.

he was handled alright. With in an hour. It is the one and only time I ever reported anyone with the hopes they’d get handled. Usually if I report anything it is a filter bypass or something minor like that.