I need a block the user function

Can we get a block function for the new forums. I may not be able to stay around if I have to keep reading a couple of people’s posted comments.

Please

1 Like

Can’t you just ignore em?

IMO bigger problem are those that know you’re ignoring so they use the call out method.

Nah, I’m wanting to see them get really shrill after November. I’m really hoping for proverbial tears of unconsolable despair from the Left. Then when Ginsberg retires it will be fun to watch them go ape-****.

Think this has been asked before and the answer is no. It’s also an intentional limitation of the discourse software as far as I can tell:

https://meta.discourse.org/t/ability-to-block-mute-ignore-another-user/6001

There are multiple political forums though on the internet so I would suggest just prioritizing your effort accordingly based on the forum and audience.

There’s no user I would block.

The provide so much entertainment value, it’s almost unquantifiable.

One has to learn havin’ fun is just smilin’ through
Those Changes in Latitudes, Changes in Attitudes

I just scroll over the posts of certain members without reading them.

1 Like

That requires self control.

If they know they are all on ignore, they will go away. Essential! This is Sean Hannity forum, not Daily Kos! There is no “sport” in talking to leftist trolls.

1 Like

I have no issues with posters who have an honest difference of opinion. The people who are totally without principles and/or who are obviously just trolling is kind of a different matter. They don’t really contribute anything meaningful. I would not mind being able to ignore them as I did at the other forum.

Who would ever want to ignore you?

You are so very entertaining.

:hugs:

Wasn’t there supposed to be a way to “mute” them?

I have no idea?

Sean believes in letting all voices be herd on the forum, and not for it to be an echo chamber.

It’s a leftist echo chamber.

Times have changed.

It needs an ignore function. Now.

I understand why an ignore function is appealing.

Personally, I can live without it. I’ve never felt a need to put anyone on ignore or report anyone to the mods.

On the PC or Mac, the middle mouse wheel allows you to scroll right past posts with great ease. Not much harder on a phone or pad.

Recognize the trolls, don’t feed them.

2 Likes

The echo chamber bit is a straw man that gets trotted out whenever this comes up. No one is asking for that. We just want someone to protect the borders.

As a work-around, one can use adblocker to block the variants of their avatars then at least the lack of image next to a post can be a reminder to scroll on past or when a thread is updated, if there’s no image there, you know there’s no need to click into the thread.

I wonder which OS will be first to disable fast scrolling because it interferes with data slurping?

I was thinking back to when it was first discussed here, and thought that since you can mute categories that you could mute people. But I guess not.

^ This is the right answer.