I just want to thank Sen. Joe Manchin

“It” - government.

S. 1604

If it wasn’t for his social issues, Joe Manchin would be the perfect senator IMHO. I don’t mind the government making investments, I do however mind when they try to create winner and losers. The government should not actively be trying to make the fossil fuel industries be losers. We will get off fossil fuels when the market determines it.

3 Likes

Yes, your President heard your screaming.

Good.

Government as an investor.

In an emergency, not a fantasy.

Thanks Manchin.

3 Likes

Thanks manchin

In a real life situation.

Investor.

Wasn’t the only time either. He also invested in Wall Street. Heavily.

The Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill that Manchin worked on has Billons in new subsidies to fossil fuel interests. Not continued subsidies… new subsidies

Winners and losers are already picked.

The fossil fuel industry always wins.

1 Like

People continue to live in a fantasy world where private sector is god. It’s a nice fantasy but that’s all it is.

1 Like

Government regulates pharma companies and gives incentives to pharma companies who comply, and it’s only those elected pols, aka Congress, that make bank by personally investing in Big Pharma. It’s a vicious cycle of deception when primarily Democrat pols demonize big businesses like pharma (& oil) while capitalizing on the profits they make in their personal portfolio’s

It’s like “You want to be a Millionaire” game show, just run for office and WIN a Congressional seat and you’ll be set for life.

Yep. Manchin and Sinema…

Who woulda thought those two would be the nations firewall against woke leftist stupidity.

That should serve as a big flashing neon sign telling the country to never ever ever put the lunatic left in power again.

3 Likes

Thank you commissioner Gordon!

Had the moron left succeeded in flooding this economy with what was it, 5 trillion dollars in money just created out of thin air???

Good lord it’s hard to imagine how bad that disaster would have been.

3 Likes

Someday this planet will run on hydro- powered warp drives or sea water or garbage incineration or someth No one has thought of yet.

Until that time we run in fossil fuels…

It’s stupid to live in a country rich with natural resources and to not be taking full advantage of those resources.

3 Likes

Ya Manchin is getting praise from people very high on the ladder that’s not on the government teet as well.

Screenshot 2022-06-16 110823

Btw there is nothing in this statement that is wrong the rest of the democratic party was on board pressuring Manchin labeling him horrible names and it would have 300% increased inflation.

3 Likes

LOL at Bezos being concerned with the least affluent.

And remember when he sued the government because Space X got the moon lander contract and he didn’t? He wanted that $3 billion in government contracts.

But god forbid poor people get money from the government.

Isn’t that what you wanted? Remember, we couldn’t go to Thanksgiving dinner or grandma’s funeral unless we were vaccinated. Also don’t forget, it gave you your dream come true, mail-in-voting.

You should celebrate.

3 Likes

Hey on this you won’t get any argument from me.

Shutting down nuclear was ridiculous…the bridge between now, where we are just on the cusp of being able to expand renewables, to a mostly renewable future, can’t happen without nuclear as a bridge.

And definitely a ■■■■ ton of money needs to be poured into nuclear fusion.

And sustainable battery technology…because if we had high capacitance storage, we could tap into the fairly unlimited supply of geothermal energy in the Rockies.

4 Likes

I am. Duh

Agreed…. Shutting down nuclear was wrong