I just want to thank Sen. Joe Manchin

Trump added 8 trillion to the national debt,

he added billions the deficit even before covid.

https://datalab.usaspending.gov/americas-finance-guide/deficit/trends/

Same stuff.
Same ideas.
Same spending increase.
Same spending plan.
Same “green energy”
Same “blame corporations” healthcare plan.

Just changed the name to something with the word “inflation” in it.

One of the things that is in it is that Finally Medicare will be negotiate drug pricing.

That is going to save the Government quite a bit of money.

1 Like

Yes this is the 5th or 6th time the matter (medicare negotiating drug prices) has been brought to Congress.

Like all the other times it is part of a 1,500-page omnibus bill that contains lots and lots of other things, (this time it is taxpayer funded solar panels and God knows what else).

Congress always works that way. (so I can’t particularly blame Joe Biden)
This time it will probably pass.

Basically they took and old 1,500-page bill, but a new cover on it (the new cover has the word “inflation” in the title) and moved it forward.

Maybe I’ll get “free” solar panels on my house out of it.

Yup. Same old 1,500-page laundry list.
Just switched a new cover page onto it.

According to the BBC

The so-called Inflation Reduction Act also comes as the White House seeks to calm mounting fears of a recession. . . .
. . . includes

• $60bn in tax credits for clean energy manufacturing . . .
  • $30bn in tax credits for wind and solar production, . . .
  • a $7,500 write-off on new electric vehicle purchases for anyone making $75,000 or less annually. . . .
    Also included in the package is
  • a three-year $64bn (£53bn) extension of health insurance subsidies . . .
  • a new 15% minimum tax on corporations that earn more than $1bn in annual profits. . . .
  • closing what’s viewed as a tax loophole for investment managers,
  • and lowering prescription drug costs for seniors by allowing Medicare - the government health insurance programme for the elderly - to negotiate drug prices. . . .
  • investments in affordable childcare, pre-school . . .
  • and elder care,
  • and the extension of a monthly child tax credit . . .

We should at least give them credit for saving paper though, right?

1 Like

Tell me again how spending more money reduces inflation…without using the phrase “but Trump”.

2 Likes

Huh? what?

Which has diddly squat to do with the train wreck Biden has us in today. If you are going to respond to someone’s post try actually responding to the post instead of the predictable left wing hackery.

Try just once not being a liberal hack…

Just once.

I ll give you a cookie.

Biden spoke to a presser today…on the day we found we had officially reached recession stage. He barely mentioned the recession and like the inept coward that he is he took no questions. Inexcusable…

850 billion in new spending the last two days…billions in new taxes in the last two days. That’s not the way you get out of an inflationary cycle and now officially a recession.

2 Likes

They can’t.

The guy the voted for is a lying lifelong corrupt rat who spent the day getting lectured by the leader of China…Biden is respected by no one. (Probably sold his soul thru his drug addict kid to the Chinese.)

The single greatest presidential failure at least of our lifetimes. Biden is an embarrassment to the whole country.

“But Trump” is all those people have.

4 Likes

Here’s what we’ve gotten from Biden…

“There won’t be an inflationary cycle”
“Inflation is transitory”

Wrong…

“The migrants will stop coming when it gets hot. The border is secure”

Lie

“We will leave no one behind.” Afghanistan was a success” said the commander in chief after getting 13 Americans killed with his feckless policy.

“The border agents on the horses strapped those people”. Lie…get your feeble ass to the border and see what’s going on.

“I have never talked to my son about his business”…liar liar liar liar…

This buffoon who can’t get anything right and might well be the most dishonest person to hold that office in a very long time is now supposedly going to save the climate and bring the inflation he caused with his stupid American rescue plan under control???

Sure he is…

4 Likes

Everything Biden touches turns to rotten.

Add this to the list.

because that was the plan all along, and i told you all it was the plan all along way back when

According to the link those didn’t make it:

Several party priorities, however, were left behind in the deal reported this week, including investments in affordable childcare, pre-school and elder care, and the extension of a monthly child tax credit

Hopefully that’s the case as the so-called “affordable childcare” would have been a disaster for taxpayers in local communities.

Logically shouldn’t that have been a function of Medicare since its inception?

1 Like

the thinking of those who’ve opposed it has always been that those who regulate should not be in a position to negotiate pricing, its a recipe for massive fraud and corruption.

The total amount of spending here seems to much smaller?

Here’s the projection regarding the deficit:

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/05/25/u-s-deficit-congressional-budget-office-00035052

The only good news is that this assures a ruined economy for the election season.