I hope to God and for the sake of our Republic that Trump is corrupt and removed from office!

If only there were a word to describe someone who thinks they alone are right, and everyone else is wrong?

Paranoid? Narcisstic? Psychotic? Delusional? Demented? Senile?

I will have to accept it, whatever the result. That’s how our system works. I don’t have to acknowledge it as a just result. Neither do you.

1 Like

Beat me to it.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but just because the House impeaches it goes to trial in the Senate, the Senate not getting the 2/3 requirement to remove from office does not mean that Trump is not guilty of abuse of power. It means that 1/3+1 Senators voted not to remove from Trump from office.

As an example Clinton was impeached by the House for lying under oath, it went to the Senate. The Senate didn’t get the required 2/3’s vote and therefore Clinton remained in officer for the rest of his term.

That doesn’t mean that Clinton didn’t lie under oath, he was still guilty of lying under oath.

Just because the Senate doesn’t remove Trump doesn’t mean he didn’t abuse the power of the Office of the President by extorting a foreign country to try to dig up dirt on an political opponents family by withholding hundreds of millions of vitally needed dollars to combat Russian aggression. He did.

You present a false dichotomy. Just because Trump isn’t removed by the Senate (which is what I believe will happen) does not mean that others in government are guilty of anything besides doing their jobs and upholding their oath to the Constitution and Country.
.WW, PHS

4 Likes

No Congressional vote pro or con changes this simple fact.

1 Like

How do you know a poster loves the crooks? Did said poster tell you this

Is Donald Trump the preacher in this scenario? :rofl:

Are you seriously comparing Donald Trump to a preacher? Wait, you’re not talking about a Catholic priest, are you? That would actually make sense.

Charged of what exactly?

Barring some real bombshell with irrefutable evidence he’s sold the country out to the Russians he will not be removed from office.

Just remember this when it happens to the Republicans

And then some are just out to get their political enemies, Trump.

2 Likes

I’ve been warning for a long time that the pendulum swings both ways.

Remember than when the next dem POTUS is impeached for winning the WH by a republican congress.

Hey… if that President was using the power of the office By withholding military funding to lean on a foreign government to publicly start an investigation on a potential political rival I will be right there with you condemning that Democrat.

1 Like

There was no quid pro quo, try again.

Of course there was.

Now we get to see if the GOP cares.

No there wasn’t, not on the part of Trump.

Oh of course there was.

Guiliani wasn’t acting on his own.

So some career diplomats, and Rudy Giuliani, pressured the government of Ukraine to investigate Donald Trump’s political rival. But not on Trump’s orders, or on his behalf, or to his benefit. Nope, it was a simple and sincere attempt to root out corruption . Now, not corruption in general, mind you. Very specific corruption. Because that’s all the corruption there was in Ukraine. Just Hunter and Joe Biden.

The amount of hogwash Trumpers are willing to swallow to is mind boggling.

2 Likes

Unless you can show it was on Trump’s orders you have no case.