I find this interesting. Woman reporter told to have male colleague accompanying her

Is this what it comes down too? Men having to worry about accusation or perception of affair?

A female reporter in Mississippi is accusing a Republican gubernatorial candidate of sexism after he refused her request to shadow him on the campaign trail.

Rep. Robert Foster’s, R-Hernando, campaign reportedly told Larrison Campbell of Mississippi Today that her presence might stoke speculation about an affair between the two.

Colton Robison, Foster’s campaign director, offered Campbell an opportunity to follow the candidate but said she would need a male colleague accompanying her, she said in an article in her paper Tuesday.

Is this the byproduct of Metoo movement? Where guys can’t be seen with attractive woman without accusations and innuendoes?

Is he being a sexist? I don’t think he is. I think he’s just being careful.

What says you?

And yes she’s attractive woman…and I guess he’s attractive guy. It wouldn’t be hard to make false accusation of misconduct or affair.

1 Like

He might be one of those weirdo can’t be around woman alone for some reason (blaming his wife) there was a woman who was fired from her job for being to “attractive”

1 Like

The problem is more with him than her. If he’s that worried about female reporters he needs to get out of politics.

3 Likes

I do like how the OP is trying to paint the narrative like its the woman fault and not because him and his wife are both insecure with their marriage that the concept of a woman following him around a long with two dozen other people is an issue.,

4 Likes

And your proof they are “weirdos” or “insecure”? Please and thank you.

I see, so being proactive and preventing false accusations is now his fault…my God. When will libs accept what they have created.

4 Likes

Liberals haven’t created anything here. May I remind you it was a conservative’s mindset (and I don’t mean yours) that formulated the cause for this thread.

3 Likes

“Before our decision to run, my wife and I made a commitment to follow the ‘Billy Graham Rule’, which is to avoid any situation that may evoke suspicion or compromise of our marriage,” he tweeted. “I am sorry Ms. Campbell doesn’t share these views, but my decision was out of respect of my wife.”

That seem pretty insecure to me.
He is pretty much saying he can’t be in a room with another woman without his wife.

5 Likes

I don’t think libs created it. Doctors have had to protect themselves for a long time. As commanders in military refuse to have a closed door unless they have a witness for years now.

1 Like

During a radio interview, Foster said that he abided by the same rule in his business and that he would rather "be called names by the liberal press than to be put in a situation where it could do damage to my marriage or my family.”

He also practiced it in his business affairs (hehe couldn’t resist).

Not a weirdo. A person who plays it safe.

1 Like

A doctor’s situation is much different than a politician’s. I’d put a commander closer to a politician. And neither of them – as long as they stick to business – should have problems. A doctor’s situation is again much different.

Good for him. Yes, this is the result of the #metoo ■■■■■ Not only what he already said, but she could turn around and claim he molested her and everybody in the country would believe her. No matter what he does. His career would be over.

I’m instituting the Pence Rule as well. Best thing to do.

Remember Kavanaugh!

2 Likes

Really…so you don’t think libs wouldn’t use her to tarnish his image…specially just before election?

1 Like

It might just be my liberal commie agenda but if you can’t be in a room with another woman without your wife, without it causing suspicion or compromise I don’t think that marriage is built on very solid footing.

4 Likes

Bull ■■■■■

1 Like

Needless safe. If you can’t stand the heat …

You have no clue. It only takes one accusation and your career is over.

3 Likes

He’s just being careful. I can’t blame him. She can still show up at his events and reach out to him with questions.

5 Likes

What story did you read?

I guess if you want to live your life like Howard Hughes.