I am going to respectfully disagree with the Russian government's recent announcement

I stand by my initial post as the reasons why the Mueller probe was necessary.

I hope it goes down in history as an excellent example of how our judicial process works despite the constant insults from the President who claimed it was a witch-hunt conducted by angry Democrats.

2 Likes

Ya to some, but looking at some recent polling on the topic (before Barr’s announcemt) it looks like with the majority its going to to go down as a failed witch hunt brought on by the democrats who couldn’t accept they lost the 2016 election.

In two years, there will be so many other investigations/cases across other matters plus the lawsuits moving forward against the President, this may have faded substantially. Trump would have to avoid generating new outrages and that has not been his approach.

I just went and read some threads from the Storm people. They are over the moon with joy.

Maybe it will fire up the Democratic base but It might have the opposite effect on some independents, not sure.

Nope. Dems placed all their money on this one big bet and they lost. Any future investigations will be recognized as political ploys. It will be necessary to actually find something before moderates will pay attention.