Hundreds of teens destroy a family fun park in Memphis

Facing any blunt object that could be used as a paddle, I got good at not getting caught. Then I got caught being stupid at 19 and it was a much more effective wake up call. Beating up a future Infantryman for punishment is an exercise in futility.

That’s even one more aspect about this in the day of COVID. And none of them had masks on.

"Body as a chessboard, players don’t know the rules of chess.’

Teens with no underlying health conditions already know that covid won’t kill them. They don’t care too much about this stuff.

I know what it’s like to be a teenage boy. Oh, and I had to raise one when I was just barely an adult, but what do I know.

You have never been a parent. When you are, you will understand the difference.

So their parents could give a ■■■■ about it? Why then the concern about kids going back to school?

I raised my brother from age twelve on. I was eighteen. As in, Child Services took custody away from my mom and my dad was in prison so they dumped him on my doorstep and I was just stuck for like the next eight years of my life. Don’t condescend, ain’t nothing mystical about raising a kid.

So, at age 12 child services dumped your brother on your doorstep.

Sure.

Here’s a good example of what turns adults (males in this case) against everything they used to do/be:

“That’s my daughter” is a statement that will transform a man in ways he cannot conceive or comprehend prior. Thinking about what he’s done with other men’s daughters over the years, is scarier than anything he’s ever been through.

2 Likes

It was that or a gladiator school. Even CYS didn’t want to put a kid in an inner city group home if there was literally any other option. And I was an adult, technically.

Hate to impinge on your vast mystical experience, but where I’m from, getting kids dumped on you from other members of your family is not even uncommon enough to raise an eyebrow over.

A person can never understand the depth of the bond between parent and child until they have experienced it.

Until then, they can only imagine and what they imagine is shattered by the reality of what is when they become a parent.

True in my case as well.

There’s also responsible parenting and irresponsible parenting. Dropping your kid off in a modest sized public establishment with 300-400 other kids most of whom are strangers in the age of COVID is irresponsible. Anyone with half a brain can absolutely expect something to go wrong.

1 Like

Agreed (though I’m rooting for a daughter, the males in my family are all absolute lunatics by the time they hit, well, thirteen).

The thing is, I don’t do any of the stupid ■■■■ I used to and maybe it’s because I have a keen memory but I still vividly recall what an absolute clown I was.

So, at 12 years of age you had to have your brother dumped on you as you being the head of household or go to gladiator school?

Lots of folks think themselves parenting “experts” until they have children.

This is probably overstated.

Small town?

So very true! People who have never been parents know more about parenting than everyone else.