Hundreds of Newspapers collude to attack Trump

hehe i like that

Electing con man Trump to clean up corruption.

Opinion, New York Daily News:

Aug 16, 2018
Cut it out, Mr. President: Stop vilifying the news media

President Trump is not “vilifying the news media” you nitwits. He’s referring to newspapers like yours and Yellow Journalists who constantly attack the Trump Administration, publish fake news, and refuse to give recognition to the Administration’s countless accomplishments.

Maybe he will stop calling you guys out, if and when you start being “fair and balanced”.

JWK

The have been several newspapers that have endorsed many Republicans for political positions. Here in Arizona, the Arizona Republic endorsed Bush, McCain and Romney for President. In Colorado, the Denver Post endorsed GOP Cory Gardner for Senator in 2014.

If Trump merely made that claim, however false - the media is hiding the good news - you might have a point. “Enemy of the people” is a different claim. Trump is saying that telling the truth about him makes the press an enemy of the country. That’s exactly the opposite of the truth.

Ha! That was a good one!

You obviously didn’t read a lot of the news coverage about Obama.

Obama had the most secretive White House ever.

Until Trump came along.

Look up the word collusion. And I support what they did.

Here are some excerpts from the editorials printed today. Together, their voices are saying something that needs to be said … that the free press is keeping you informed. It is not your enemy. Their words are worth reading.

The New York Times:

In 2018, some of the most damaging attacks are coming from government officials. Criticizing the news media — for underplaying or overplaying stories, for getting something wrong — is entirely right. News reporters and editors are human, and make mistakes. Correcting them is core to our job. But insisting that truths you don’t like are “fake news” is dangerous to the lifeblood of democracy. And calling journalists the “enemy of the people” is dangerous, period.

The New York Post:

It may be frustrating to argue that just because we print inconvenient truths doesn’t mean that we’re fake news, but being a journalist isn’t a popularity contest. All we can do is to keep reporting. Trump and de Blasio will continue to bash the press because it riles up their bases. When you can’t argue the merits, you blame the messenger. We have faith. As the Bard put it, “At the length truth will out.”

The Las Vegas Sun:

For Trump to suggest these professionals (reporters) are un-American is highly offensive. These are individuals who believe passionately that well-informed citizens are the lifeblood of our democracy and that the media’s role is to provide the information those citizens need. You also won’t find a group that is more committed to protecting First Amendment freedoms and other liberties.

Here are links to all the newspapers that ran editorials today. Even if you support Trump, you might do well to read a few.

That picture never gets old. :rofl:

But they’re agin Donald, so they’s komma-nists, every last one! I’m agin 'em!

It’s not just Trumpsters who don’t trust the media. This media sanctimony is only preaching to the choir. And it’s not just Trumpsters who think there is a problem with fake news.

The “fake news” moniker, which has become a rallying cry for Trump and his supporters, surprisingly gained popularity across partisan lines, including among Democrats. According to the Monmouth findings, 61 percent of Democrats believe outlets spread misinformation, up from 43 percent from last year. Belief in the spread of “fake news” by major news outlets also rose from 2017 to now among Republicans, up from 79 to 89 percent, and independents, rising from 66 percent to 82 percent.

Then there is this, more proof a majority of Americans, regardless of party affiliation, don’t trust the media.

So only 800 people were polled by Politico. Shows you how stupid Americans have become. BTW, you failed to break it down that 46 percent said it only happened “occaisionally” and only 31 percent it happened “regularly.” That’s a big difference than saying 77 percent said it. But I guess it sounds better to the tribe to say 77 percent, doesn’t it?

But as I’ve said before the stupids won the 2016 election. It’s more and more obvious every day.

Dirty, filthy anti-Trumpist communists in the Senate (along with 47 Democrats and 2 Independents) unanimously adopted a resolution today affirming that the press is not the enemy of the people:

No word as yet whether Donald will declare the Senate a “Fake Congress.”

1 Like

It’s not just the Boston Globe that is worried.

Politico thought it was significant enough to write an entire article about it.

I just explained to you why the numbers are faulty. So you’re saying, yeah they are, but …

How is this different from any other day for the left wing press?

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

Is that you Hillary? The more you guys insult Trump supporters the easier reelection will be. I foresee huge turnouts.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like