HUCKABEE SANDERS: The President ‘Is Not Going to Back Down’ on Border Security

Originally published at: HUCKABEE SANDERS: The President ‘Is Not Going to Back Down’ on Border Security | Sean Hannity

White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders weighed-in on President Trump’s 11th hour effort to include border wall funding in the new federal budget; saying the Commander-in-Chief will simply “not back down on this fight.”

Sanders was speaking with reporters on the White House lawn when she was asked to comment on President Trump’s calls for Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell to “go nuclear” on a potential Democratic filibuster.

Sarah Sanders: "The president wants border security and he's not going to back down on this fight." https://t.co/KtdCCpeQtV pic.twitter.com/PA4o6FWXww

— The Hill (@thehill) December 21, 2018

“He just wants [McConnell] to be aggressive on this front. I think he would love to see him use the 51-filibuster, I know that’s something he’s pushed Sen. McConnell on in the past. I think he’d like to see that happen if necessary today,” said Sanders.

“The President wants border security and he’s not going to back down on this fight,” she added.