How to shut down the voice of half the people in America in four steps

Best way to lose friends is to move in with them.

1 Like

Truth. Careful now, you’ll spoil the narrative.

I am not sure what you think “my party” is but I was mainly referring to things like barbecues, ballgames, other past times. Different in some ways but not that different.

Their ideologies and what makes them emotional are. And many cultural characteristics.

I have more in common with a Mexican illegal alien than a Boston yankee. Get along better with them too.

Sounds real familiar.

But were you in both?

Yes. And now I feel like I’m in neither, haha

Yeah me too.

Sure. If it actually were a narrative. “Narrative.” My new favorite cliché . :face_vomiting:

So if you would kindly scroll back to post #1, you will see that it is actually an “opinion.” My opinion of the best way to shut down opposition speech. See the difference? You may offer your own opinion if you choose. :+1:

Are you sure? Who decides?

You’re also geographically closer , right ?

How about a Boston Yankee vs. an Indonesian rice farmer ? It’s relative.

Narratives are real and what drives practically everything human.

My my, aren’t we touchy? I didn’t see the word “opinion” in the OP or the thread title. I’ll take your word for it though.

Depends, but what difference does that make?

Rice farmer? You bet. I grew up on a rice farm.

What did you mean when you asked me if I was in both ? If I identified as part of one - and then the other - at one time in life ?

Ever see Escape From New York?

Difference is you may be closer to a Mexican than someone from Boston, but that’s pretty relative as you probably still have more in common with a Bostonite than many others around the globe.

And at the end of the day, they are also cliché.

Am I proud of myself for that Sharpton-ish rhyme? Yes, yes I am.
:yum:

Doesn’t the culture also have to accept you for you to be in?

Could you not have been an outsider within in one or the other?

Actually they aren’t. They are critical.