How to Open Your "Non-Essential" Business

How are the asymptomatic carriers going to get to me in my home? I haven’t see any lurking in my bushes.

1 Like

That’s the whole ■■■■■■■ point of the lockdown. Glad you’re getting it

1 Like

Without a lockdown asymptomatic carriers will break into my home and infect me?

1 Like

Where do you get that?

People need to work.

Here is a health angle that hasn’t been pointed out.

It would ease crowding in big box stores to have all retail open.

It is insane to drag this out and blame others.

2 Likes

In nursing homes.

Healthy people are not impressed with massaged data that is supposed to sound frightening…but isn’t.

1 Like

It is simple ineptitude.

People have had to fight to get freedom restored.

Still not over… Getting there.

No it isn’t.

We saved the hospitals.

Dragging this out is just ineptness.

It wouldn’t be worth the additional spread of disease.

Hunger already provides the incentive to go to the big box stores. Non-essential retail is an extra incentive to go out, rather than meeting a static demand for essential services.

Haircuts aren’t worth creating new hotspots.

1 Like

Nonsense.

The crisis phase was over 4 weeks ago.

Way past time to favor the big boxes.

They did show us business can all be open.

You don’t get to decide any longer.

We are open.

3 Likes

April 27th was approximately 42,000 deaths ago.

1 Like

And if we spent enough and gave up enough personal autonomy, we could eradicate all automobile deaths.

1 Like

Cool.

I’ll stick to postponing haircuts and manicures to deal with the thirty 9/11s we’ve had since spring.

Represented?

Y’all know about Mattress Mac?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/amp/Mattress-Mack-coronavirus-free-food-galleryfurnitu-15143201.php

He’s a Houston institution. I just heard him on the radio; he’s hiring at least 50 people today. By September he’ll have free daycare and a free co-op vocational school running for his employees. You go to school 4 days, work 1. Welding, construction, horticulture.

I remember when he operated out of a tent on the side of the highway.

He’s a great Christian man who worked hard, made it, and now gives back.

This is what we need, not more government.

3 Likes

It’s not about you missing a haircut, it’s about the barber losing his business and his home.

3 Likes

I thought Trump passed a bill for all of that, to help em out

1 Like

it was to help them until they could re-open. And right now is the time to re-open things.

As long as people acknowledge that the risk of infection may increase.

1 Like

I’m sorry, what?

One can catch COVID 19 from shopping for “nonessential” items like art supplies in “nonessential” retail, like Michaels, or in a small neighborhood hobby shop, but not in a “big box”, or discount store with an art supply section? :thinking:

A hair stylist, who is wearing a mask while working, is the only professional who can spread COVID 19? :face_with_monocle:. Are we supposed to do like men in Taliban Afghanistan, who were happily chopping off their long, untrimmed beards, only after the fall of the Taliban, only we’re happily trimming our own bangs out of our eyes? Or sporting the chrome dome?

Am amazed by the mindset of some, who, in joyfully throwing around terms like “lockdown”, don’t seem to mind living a prisoner like existence. “Lockdowns” have penalized small business owners and those who have learned a trade, like hairstyling or dental hygienists, more than college grads or employees of big businesses.

“Lockdown” by government never should have been started. It needs to stop.

1 Like