How the Pandemic Defeated America

Less. Tens and tens and tens of thousands less. If Trump were not President, then whomever was President would have been promoting mask-wearing, social distancing, adherence to CDC guidelines and recommendations, a federal logistics supply chain to prioritize and supply outbreaks as they occur. Not forcing states to compete against one another for diagnostics and equipment, while ALSO being outbid by the federal government at the same time. Anyone other than Trump, Republican or Democrat, would have immediately employed the pandemic playbook that was left to this administration from the beginning. People still would have died. But nowhere close to the levels we have seen today. We would have been more in line with every other developed nation in the world, and not one of the absolute worst in every imaginable metric of meaning.

1 Like

In a population of 39.51 million.

https://twitter.com/axios/status/1290497186489348096?s=21

Stunning.

As do I. But that is not the reality for millions and millions of Trump supporters. They Trust in Trump® wholly and completely. Everyone else and everything else is fake news to them.

How so? Expand on this. Which parts?

Early on, they discouraged mask wearing unless you were sick or treating people with Rona.

How many?

Fauci didn’t even promote mask wearing.

Most if not all. Start with the hoax and work your way back. The virus wasn’t a hoax, the reaction was the hoax. There, I gave you one.

He is an absolute disaster. An utter an total failure as a President. He cannot comprehend anything about this pandemic. He has tried his damnedest to gaslight his way through it, and the result is COVID will kill more Americans in 2020 than any other cause of death save heart disease and cancer. He. Must. Go!

1 Like

For two weeks, due to supply shortages for front line workers, out of fear of overwhelming the hospital systems. I’m not seeing your point.

And there we have it.

1 Like

You honestly believe there are not people who support Trump (some on this very board) that believe COVID is a hoax? The actual virus itself?

Reconcile that with this.

Trump has convinced millions and millions of Americans to believe no one other than him.

1 Like

Oh, and quit dragging posters on this board into your fever dreams.

1 Like

For two weeks?

Due to?

YOU DO NOT NEED TO WEAR A MASK

Did Trump write that?

Does it say anything about “cloth face coverings”?

Wonder where he got this?

“Masks are a double-edged sword,” he said. “People touch them. And they grab them and I see it all the time. They come in, they take the mask. Now they’re holding it now in their fingers. And they drop it on the desk and then they touch their eye and they touch their nose. No, I think a mask is a — it’s a double-edged sword.”

Can you explain this please?

What you guys fail to admit is that Trump didn’t make any of this up.

Does he put his own stupid spin on it? Yeah. But when you get down to it, he’s repeating what the experts have said.

Is it possible Trump was “encouraged” by the experts not to appear with a mask on when that was the guidance?

Does Trump not bear any responsibility for what has happened in the last few months? (And I hope no one goes the “everybody is responsible” route)

1 Like

Yes. What is it?

So you said yes, then you tell me.

1 Like

I asked first.