How the Pandemic Defeated America

Or we could just blame Trump, ignore the bureaucracy and have an election.

Okay, thanks.

Irony.

This goes much deeper than Trump, but he certainly played his role in this dumpster fire.

You betcha.

So stop being Americans?

What was his role?

Again and again and again until it sinks in…

No the attitude change is “the government can’t do it”…which I will agree was an overreaction to "the government should do everything”…but nonetheless it’s not surprising after 30 years of telling people government is the problem, and convincing them to vote for people that believe that, that we have a government that’s the problem.

1 Like

The government never could do it.

Can the government make me:

1. Social distance?
  2. Wear a mask?
  3. Wash my hands?
  4. Cough into my sleeve?
  5. Not group up with 20 other idiots?
  6. Not have a quinceanera party?

Every mitigation in place right now to stop the spread is completely dependent on the compliance of the general public. Every single one.

The government can’t do anything to stop or even slow down the spread. That’s on us.

1 Like

You can keep posting that until Rapture. Doesn’t change the fact that there were multiple failures at multiple levels.

And yes, Trump earned his share of the blame.

Disagree? Okay, thanks

1 Like

What is Trump’s #1 failure in the epidemic?

Hence the individual’s share of the blame. We (as a collective of individuals) couldn’t be arsed to practice the required protocol.

How big is that share and where does the remaining potion go?

Being Trump.

And no, that’s not sarcasm. That’s the truth.

1 Like

The article, specifically the section I already quoted, has your answer.

You are right, but if there would have been a unified message from the top down, things may be different. And it wouldn’t be (as) political.

But the virus was made political right off the bat. And people chose sides. Once that happened, it was a lost cause.

1 Like

It should be amazing to me that half the country hates one man so badly that the hatred has made them completely blind to the situation. To reality.

The reason it’s not is because it plays out with the other half ever 8 years (or 4 in some cases).

There is no doubt in my mind that if this had happened any time from 2008-2016, it would have been the exact same conversations reversed.

The media, including social media, has turned us into a country of blind, mouth-breathing morons incapable of thinking for ourselves, incapable of any semblance of logic and demanding “LINKS!” to prove we’re “right” because some other dumb ass agrees with us.

We are completely dependent on the government and the media to do our “thinking” for us. To tell us what to think. To interpret.

That’s why we don’t achieve great things any more. We don’t think, we link.

And it’s getting worse everyday.

2 Likes

I’m asking you, for your opinion.

There was a unified message.

The CDC guidelines. YOU DO NOT NEED TO WEAR A MASK

What was political?

Who made it political?

You can’t or won’t answer. You know the truth. Do you honestly believe that with those same directions coming out of an Obama administration the compliance would have been any higher?

Fauci worked for Obama.

There was no unified message.
Did the President and all 50 governors and every mayor and town leader all convey the same message from the start?

Everyone made it political. Dems and Repubs. Media. Everyone.
Because there was no unified message.

1 Like