How pathetic are American youth?

It can still happen, and probably does in far flung corners of the country, but it is, and always has been, a violation of any Military enlistment contract.

2 Likes

I could care less about weed but dear lord even though I have been against the war on drugs something needs to be done about the fentanyl coming in just saw where they seized millions of doses a few weeks ago on the Arizona border twice in one week.

Said it was enough to kill the whole PNW. I have a co worker explaining how his brother died by it. He was smoking it no one in his family knew he was and it just killed him on the spot. In the autopsy it not only said fentanyl but that it was a street brand fentanyl.

That ■■■■ needs to go.

It doesn’t really matter. Eventually it will be mostly drones and for the “boots on the ground” it will be those robot dogs breaking down doors in villages in the middle of the night. The patriots are dying off and frowned upon as just another part of the patriarchy. Let it burn :violin:

My grandfather walked to work
My dad drove a beat up truck
I drive a better truck
My son drives a sports car
His son will walk…

Something like that. I don’t remember exactly how it goes.

2 Likes

Maybe every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier.

It really wasn’t, especially in the late 70s. The military was trying to downsize.

The thread is about the state of American youth, not the military issues.

Not what the thread is about.

The TDS is thick, but I agree.

1 Like

Really? Where do they live? I don’t know any young people like that.

Me neither, maybe a few fat kids, though.

1 Like

What’s wrong with a judge giving a late teen or young adult the option of military service?

Might help some develop a sense of discipline and grow up mentally.

I don’t have a problem with that. Where’s the coercion in being offered the Army as a choice?

How is single motherhood in particular related to young people not wanting to enlist?

My daughter has friends in married, two parent households and in households of divorce. Neither group is any better or worse than the other.

I was just citing the data. I’m not the one who made it up.

Well, yeah.

Never said that. Also that’s what the OP about.

Actually, if you read the article, you will see that many are excluded for asthma and ADHD and other prevalent diseases/disorders that should not be disqualifying- and they’re looking to change that.

1 Like

There’s nothing wrong with it, except for it being against regulations. lol

Medical conditions should have been included in the OP as well. My personal experience is more in line with you. As a high school teacher in my particular district I would definitely say that the stats cited didn’t reflect the students in my school. For the kids in my school (middle-upper middleclass district) medical conditions and obesity would be 1 & 2. Regarding all the situations listed combined it would probably be around 30%.