How much sick liberal, woke racism is too much?

It was always ok to criticize politicians. Obama made it ok to attack the voter. He was the first to do it on a regular basis.

Mmm, that charge always seemed to come from defensive conservatives. I never saw comments on Obama’s political beliefs as racial. But I did see conservatives endlessly claiming liberals were saying that.

I am a liberal.

It was constant.

Ok. I’d say I heard far more conservatives claiming it then I saw actual liberals levying the charge. Perhaps your experience is different.

1 Like

Unless you are Obama, then if Mao even appears on a Xmas ornament he is a Manchurian candidate.

2 Likes

Well, we were racists for disagreeing with Obama and we were racists for supporting Trump, so yeah, by those standards, you are a racist too.

1 Like

Has anyone forgotten the old “Nobody complained about X until we had our first black President. Hmmmm….I wonder what the difference can be?”

2 Likes

Why would an American put Mao on anything?

Interesting fact about Obama, he transferred to Columbia in 1981. Political Science.

Herbert Marcuse died just two years earlier. Father of the New Left.

Then Choom goes to Harvard. Where Derek Bell is teaching.

I love coincidences.

You’d have to ask Andy Warhol.

1 Like

1 Like

Warhol did it brilliantly, made Mao a drag queen. That ornament was of his depiction.

1 Like

Andy Warhol was a freak who convinced a generation of morons a soup can was art.

There’s nothing “brilliant” about that picture.

Pop art isn’t for everyone, but he was, along with Roy Lichtenstein, the true master of the genre. Granted, weird guy. But I enjoyed his take on things and if I had one of his originals I would be a happy man. His stuff is crazy expensive.

I found this to be a really good podcast episode. It deals with dragons, museums, Arab rugs, and the Andy Warhol museum.

It has nothing to do with the conversation, but if you can tolerate Gladwell’s voice, he has good questions/perspective about art collection (e.g., why wouldn’t the Met sell one carpet that has never seen the light of day (even though it has thousands) to avoid laying off 50 people?)

1 Like

If I had a Warhol, I would keep it in a vault and not admit to anyone that I had it.

1 Like

Can you back up this claim with evidence?

I said it.

So…no evidence. Got it!