How much control do you believe a president has over the economy?

You are flailing my man.

The seeds of the 2008 market crash were sown many years before it happened and the crash would have happened no matter who became president.

Just admit that you got it wrong… there is no shame in it.

Wow…yeah… not even close

So that’s it? That’s all I am supposedly wrong about? I am not flailing, you are. It is right there on the graph. I watched it happen. I knew businessmen who were hunkering down. You can lie to yourself, but not me.

The cause of the 2008 crash had zero to do with the Presidential campaign.

To argue otherwise is idiotic.

Very little, unless they get us into needless wars. What was the first response during the great recession as soon as Lehman Brothers went bankrupt, the Federal reserve came out dropped interest rates to zero and launched quantitative easing, literally papering money over corporations and banks “To big to fail”.

People say tariffs I don’t but it, every trader I know has been focused on interest rates for years. They were much more interested to hear what Janet Yellen had to say about rising rates than any policy by Obama, and I imagine the same goes for Trump. One can argue the tax cuts helped boost the market, but regardless rising interest rates will bring everything down. House prices are already starting to drop in some hot markets like Seattle by up to $80,000 slash in 3 months.

Prove it. I have a graph that steadily declined as Obama’s chances got better, then nose dived after he won which is evidence for my claim. Where is your proof?

Because the stage was set for the crash years before Obama ran for President.

The fundamental problems in the economy existed long before 2008.

a lot of conspiracy theories floating around

is this normal

Welcome to the world of the right wing…nothing is their fault…and a shadow lurks behind every soros

Sorry, you failed to provide the proof. The NOSE DIVE occurred directly after Obama won. I say it would have gone up the day after the election if Obama lost.

Well no…the nose dive happened before the election…but you knew that

As stated before… the market collapsed over a month before the election

It did that because of a pattern of the private sector making bad loans going back to 2004.

The election had nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

The better Obama’s chances looked, the worse it got, then the nose dive right after the election.

if i wear blue jeans and go outside and it is raining

did my blue jeans cause the rain

. . . . don’t know don’t care.

Do you think the economy would not have crashed if McCain had been leading and had won?

And Trump is able to at full employment, increased government spending and a deficit fuel cash injection via the tax cuts. Funny that.

I would agree that years ago a president could have a greater impact with pro growth legislation, although today with the global economy we are now much more suceptible to economic downturns in other countries.

I think this President is having a much bigger impact on the economy, and not in a good way.

Trade is the No. 1 concern

“Concerns about a slowing economy — Goldman Sachs said on Monday in a report that U.S. economic growth could be cut in half by the end of next year as the tax cuts wear off and rates rise — and worries about another round of tariffs against China set for January in the ongoing trade war are weighing on the corporate outlook.

Thirty-five percent of CFOs surveyed in Q4 cited trade as their biggest current concern, making it the top issue in the fourth quarters.

CFOs were also asked their opinion of major political figures in Washington, and President Trump’s hardline trade advisors, Peter Navarro and Robert Lighthizer, had by far the lowest approval ratings among CFOs, at 26.7 percent. Last week, as stocks suffered another steep selloff, the White House was sending mixed messages on trade, with President Donald Trump’s top economic advisor, Larry Kudlow, disavowing comments from White House trade advisor Peter Navarro, who last week lashed out at Wall Street influence in U.S.-China trade negotiations in comments that helped weaken the stock market.

The stock decline on Monday came after a Sunday speech by Vice President Mike Pence saying there would be no end to U.S. charges on $250 billion worth of Chinese goods unless Beijing changed its ways.”

1 Like

Next year is not projecting to be too kind to all of the Trumpists declaring that we would see 4, 5 or even 6% annualized growth, according to JP Morgan.